iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersObstetrics and GynecologypcodHow can I cure my fibroadenomas present in breast and PCOD?

How to cure my fibroadenomas present in breast and PCOD?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Answered by

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At November 12, 2018
Reviewed AtAugust 3, 2023

Patient's Query

Hi doctor,

My sonomammography report showed fibroadenomas in the left breast in 2-1 and 3-4 clock positions measuring 8 x 2 mm and 6 x 3 mm. My USG reports showed polycystic ovaries, a cyst adjacent to left ovary, a hypoechoic lesion is seen between the uterus and the right ovary is found with broad ligament fibroid. Recently, I have increased hair fall, and I have gray hairs. Please advise.

Answered by Dr. Uzma Arqam


Welcome to icliniq.com.

For fibroadenomas, it is better to discuss with a breast specialist. Many things happen due to genetics or due to use of any specific product. Check your family history regarding gray hairs. Use natural products to color hairs like henna (Indian herbal product). For PCOD, have a strict healthy diet with less salt, sugar, oil, and spice. Do a walk daily to have a healthy BMI (body mass index) and weight. Try to have regular menstrual cycles, or you can take a cyclic combined oral contraceptive pill for three months.Please send your scan report to guide you further. If you have any fertility issue, try to remove the fibroid as it is large and then decide for conception.

If you have heavy periods due to fibroids, then you can do a myomectomy. Use natural products to the hairs. Avoid using conditioners regularly. If you have irregular cycles, try to consult a gynecologist for a further examination. Try to do serum progesterone, serum testosterone, serum insulin, serum prolactin, follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing hormone, and thyroid function test. Discuss the laboratory results and the scan reports with your gynecologist. Have a complete checking and complete treatment of the health issues you have. If you are trying for conception, have folic acid daily and have sex in a fertile period of your cycle.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Uzma Arqam
Dr. Uzma Arqam

Obstetrics and Gynecology

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:


Ask your health query to a doctor online

Obstetrics and Gynecology

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy