Q. Kindly suggest some medicine to improve breast milk.

Dr. Shagufta Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jul 31, 2020

I am a 28 year old married female. My baby is 40 days old. I am unable to breastfeed her. Please suggest me some medicine to improve my breast milk.

#

• I suggest you Lactare tablet (herbal capsule) thrice a day for 15 days, which will help to increase breast milk. Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • You can also take garlic regularly as it is considered as the best home remedy to increase milk.
  •  If the baby is holding only the nipple, then try giving full areola to baby since it decreases milk supply.

For further information consult a lactation counselor online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/lactation-counselor

|