Q. How to make the baby have enough breastfeed?

Dr. Aamir Mohd
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 07, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 23, 2019

Our baby is 1 month old. My wife is facing problem in breastfeeding as the baby is not taking the feed properly. This is our first baby and my wife is using a breast pump to take off her milk and giving it in a bottle. I want to know whether the use of a breast pump for a long time cause any problem to the mother. What are the other ways to make the baby have milk directly through breastfeeding? Also, will bottle feeding cause any constipation problem?

#

• First of all, tell your wife to at least try to breastfeed for 15 minutes. Yes, it is difficult to feed first baby, but with experience it will become easy.
  • Tell her to put the nipple completely in his mouth by making a V-shape in her hand.
  • No, breast pump will not cause much problem. She can eject milk in a glass and give him by a spoon.
  • You can also start giving him top feed like formula milk.
  • The only problem the breast pump can cause is infection. So, sterilize it every time before she uses.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|