Q. Why am I having uneasiness in breathing?

Dr. Amolkumar W. Diwan
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2019

I am an asthmatic for 15 years. Right now I am using Foracort 400 mg since three years. I am also hypertensive and using Telma-AM. Since past six days I am facing uneasiness in breathing and because of that maybe my BP has raised. Last week before all this happened I got a master health checkup done and my uric acid level was 9.1 and traces of albumin were there. Just to mention, that was my sixth day of keto diet when I got the checkup done. Later, I stopped Keto. Kindly guide me.

#

As you know, asthma is the chronic inflammatory airway disease with waxing and waning episodes. If you have asthma, your airways are always inflamed. They become more swollen, and the muscles around the airways can tighten when something triggers your symptoms. This makes it difficult for the air to move in and out of the lungs, causing symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness.There is no permanent cure for asthma, and current guidelines suggest to keep it under control with the inhaler medicines.

Foracort 400 mg is the best inhaler, and you should continue using it two puffs twice daily.

As far as the diet is concerned, diet can increase or decrease inflammation in the airways, depending on what you eat. But the ketogenic diet per se is not responsible for worsening underlying asthma. Rather in some cases, it seems beneficial for the patients. So, the ketogenic diet is not at blame for asthma worsening. Might be there is another reason for the change in asthma pattern that is causing uneasiness or difficulty in breathing. So, it is advisable to see your treating physician and get the necessary investigations done to find out exact control of your asthma.

Also as you said, the master check up uric acid value is high and needs evaluation by the doctor. Environmental changes as high pollution, colds, drop in temperature might cause asthma flare-up, and you may need to take inhaler like Levolin (Levosalbutamol) for the time being. So overall, only after proper physical evaluation, we can decide the exact cause of your discomfort.

For more information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

|