Q. Why am I having uneasiness in breathing?

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan
Published on Mar 02, 2018 and last reviewed on: May 20, 2019

I am an asthmatic for 15 years. Right now I am using Foracort 400 mg since three years. I am also hypertensive and using Telma-AM. Since past six days I am facing uneasiness in breathing and because of that maybe my BP has raised. Last week before all this happened I got a master health checkup done and my uric acid level was 9.1 and traces of albumin were there. Just to mention, that was my sixth day of keto diet when I got the checkup done. Later, I stopped Keto. Kindly guide me.

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors)
#

As you know, asthma is the chronic inflammatory airway disease with waxing and waning episodes. If you have asthma, your airways are always inflamed. They become more swollen, and the muscles around the airways can tighten when something triggers your symptoms. This makes it difficult for the air to move in and out of the lungs, causing symptoms such as coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath and chest tightness.There is no permanent cure for asthma, and current guidelines suggest to keep it under control with the inhaler medicines.

Foracort 400 mg is the best inhaler, and you should continue using it two puffs twice daily.

As far as the diet is concerned, diet can increase or decrease inflammation in the airways, depending on what you eat. But the ketogenic diet per se is not responsible for worsening underlying asthma. Rather in some cases, it seems beneficial for the patients. So, the ketogenic diet is not at blame for asthma worsening. Might be there is another reason for the change in asthma pattern that is causing uneasiness or difficulty in breathing. So, it is advisable to see your treating physician and get the necessary investigations done to find out exact control of your asthma.

Also as you said, the master check up uric acid value is high and needs evaluation by the doctor. Environmental changes as high pollution, colds, drop in temperature might cause asthma flare-up, and you may need to take inhaler like Levolin (Levosalbutamol) for the time being. So overall, only after proper physical evaluation, we can decide the exact cause of your discomfort.

For more information consult an allergy specialist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/allergy-specialist

| 

Can Levolin syrup treat a baby cough?

Query: Hello doctor,My 26 months old baby suffers from cough the whole night. She has a cold as well but no fever or spasm of the chest. Should I go for Levolin syrup?  Read Full »

My asthmatic mother's X-ray is negative for TB. What else this could be?

Query: Hello doctor, My mother has asthma as she used to smoke and live near roads. Her X-ray showed that trachea is in the midline, the cardiac shadow is not enlarged, pulmonary vasculatures are not prominent, hemidiaphragm is flattened, costophrenic sulci are blunted, right lower lung infiltrates presen...  Read Full »

Can allergic asthma turn into permanent asthma?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 29 years old now. I have allergic asthma for last 6 to 7 years but in very mild form (mild suffocation and coughing for 2 to 3 days, once in three months). It used to get triggered by an old house (old book or newspaper dust) or distemper and paints or orange flavored drinks. But s...  Read Full »

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now