Q. I am suffering with recurrent breathlessness after having pneumonitis with DOTS. Please help.

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu

hi doc,

i'm a female, age 26, 5' in height, 48 kg (last time i checked but I might have gained 2kg now. I've been experiencing difficulty breathing for the past couple of months but the worst was last month something because it happened as I was about to sleep. I suddenly felt like the air was not going in inside my nose. It looks like its just up to my chest. Eversince then, I'm getting reoccurring breathlessness. It happens often when I'm in a closed/small space and when its very hot and humid. temperature is normal. I don't have symptoms of covid other than breathlessness. Sometimes, I have to remind myself to breathe because it doesn't happen voluntarily. I'm not sure if this is psychological but I need help. I have a history of pneumonitis and I was not able to finish my DOTS becauae I keep forgettging to take my medicines and always it get backs to zero. Thank you!

#

Hello

Dear how many months you took DOTS therapy? Is there any cough?? Is there sputum production??When you took treatment for pneumonitis?Possible causes are may be

1. Anxiety neurosis.

2. Panic attacks.

3. Bronchial asthma.

4. Treatment default for tuberculosis.

5. Acid reflux with asthmatic attacks.

Until examination is done it is difficult to say what it is. Use tablet Deriphyllin twice a day for five days. Use tablet Alprazolam 0.25 mg at night for five days. Get it done chest x-ray and ecg. Please review with reports or consult with your physician he will examine and treat you accordingly. Take care.

|