Q. Both my ovaries are slightly bulky. When can I conceive?

Dr. Shalaka Joshi
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I was suffering from delayed periods from the last three month. Every time my periods get delayed by 10 or more days. So, I visited a doctor, who suggested USG and blood test. In USG, it shows both ovaries are mildly bulky in size. Right ovary is 3.5 x 2.3 x 1.8 and volume is 7.8 cc. The left ovary is 3.4 x 2.4 x 1.8 and volume is 7.7 cc. There is a chance of PCOD. Then she told me to get a blood test on day two of the periods. The results are TSH 3.57, FSH 5.46, and LH 4.42. This month, my periods were on time. Is there any problem? When can I conceive? Please help.

Dr. Shalaka Joshi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The ultrasound report is fairly normal. A slight PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) pattern is not of serious concern. The blood reports are also normal.
  • Regarding conception, you have good chance to conceive provided the semen analysis of your husband is normal. If he has not done the report, then get it done after abstinence from sex for three days.
  • The most fertile period would be 10th to 25th day of your cycle, that is, calculating from the first day of your periods. So, try having sex at least every alternate day during this period. It should help you to get pregnant.

All the best.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|