Q. Are my symptoms due to UTI or something else?

I started having UTI symptoms. I also had chills and vomiting. Then the pain started in my lower right quadrant. It feels like a gland is inflamed. I got a bump near my urinary meatus first. I also have a discharge now that started today like that of yeast infection. But now, I have bumps all over. I went to the ER yesterday, where they checked for cysts in my ovaries. They did not find anything. I am having pain while urinating, and a burning sensation. I started taking Keflex three days ago for UTI. Now, I am wondering if there is something else going on, like a yeast infection or an STD.

#

I went through your post and images (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• You seem to have an infection involving the urogenital tract, for which an antibiotic has been started which is a bit age-old.
  • I would suggest the following:
  1. Urine examination and a swab culture from your vaginal bump.
  2. A complete blood count to look for systemic manifestations of the infection.
  3. Urine culture and an ultrasonogram of the abdomen.
  • You need to start a better antibiotic, preferably a Quinolone such as Ciprofloxacin 500 mg twice daily as there is no improvement with Cefalexin.

For further queries consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

So, are these bumps related to an infection of my urogenital tract? I have been freaking out that it is herpes even though I am in a long monogamous relationship and have never been given a differential of herpes. My CBC was normal yesterday.

#

I have gone through the images you had attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

• Herpes starts with itching and vaginal pain followed by the development of vesicles in the vaginal area, usually multiple, which are fluid-filled. Your post does not mention such a history and I could not see any vesicles on the images you have posted.
  • If your CBC is normal that means it is a local infection, not a systemic one. So, it should respond to oral Ciprofloxacin.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|