Q. I have bumps in my throat, along with pain in the molars and ear. Please help.

Dr. Alexander Davis
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 03, 2020 and last reviewed on: May 18, 2021

I am a 19-year-old male. I have persistent bumps with tiny red veins on the back of my throat. I have a pulsating pain in my molar tooth. On applying pressure, I feel some pain in my right ear. I am afraid of it. Can I have bacteria invading my nerves? Will it enter my brain causing meningitis? Now, I can feel a pulsating pain alone. I took OTC antibiotics for few days and then I stopped it. I would like to know the actions to be taken.

#

Having a bump on the posterior (back) wall of the throat is normal. These bumps are normally 3 to 5 mm in diameter. They seem to be transparent or semi-transparent with visible capillaries. Regarding pulsating pain, I suggest you consult a dentist for taking an X-ray of the affected teeth. Regarding your fear of migration of bacteria, there is nothing like that and it is very uncommon to occur. Regarding antibiotics, do not take them without consulting a doctor. It can cause life-threatening conditions causing death. Overuse of antibiotics can destroy your gut bacteria. It plays an important role in your immune response against pathogens.

You seem to have dental issues.

You need to take an X-ray of the affected tooth by consulting a dentist.

You can have various causes.

You seem to have dental issues.

Follow as mentioned above.

Do not take antibiotics without consulting a doctor.

Have a follow-up at any time.

|