Q. What causes on and off small bumps on the penis?

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I have had small bumps on my penis for the last six months. The bumps are on and off in appearance. They are not painful. I consulted a doctor to see if it was HSV, and the doctor said I was negative for HSV infection.

Kindly help me to figure out what it is.

Thanks.

#

1) Is there any excess scratching or rubbing of the lesion?

2) Do you maintain your genital hygiene?

3) Are you sexually active?

4) Had unprotected sex in the last three months?

5) Have you tested for syphilis and HSV (herpes simplex virus)?

6) Do you have any burning, itching, or tingling sensation?

Revert with the answers.

Thanks for the reply.

1) I wear spandex type underwear which is synthetic. And I walk a lot at work. So, it is constantly rubbing.

2) I would think I keep the genital area clean.

3) Yes, I am Sexual active; it is unprotected.

4) I have tested negative for syphilis multiple times.

5) There is no burning, itching, or tingling sensation.

Thanks.

#

It is a secondary bacterial infection. I suggest the following

1) Apply Fucidin cream (Fusidic acid) twice daily in the morning and at night for ten days.

2) Tablet Ciplox (Ciprofloxacin) 500 mg once a day after food for three days.

3) Wash genitals and pat dry the area. Maintain proper genital hygiene.

4) Practice safe sex.

5) Avoid scratching and rubbing of lesions as it aggregates the bacterial infection.

6) Wear loose, thin, comfortable cotton inners.

7) Avoid occlusive or tight wear.

8) Avoid friction.

9) Stay in a well-ventilated environment.

10) Kindly get tested for HSV 1 and 2.

Thanks for the reply.

Where can I purchase these medicines?

Thanks.

#

You will get this in nearby pharmacy or medical store.

|