Q. I am experiencing burning in my penis with whitish discharge after unprotected sex. Why?

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 08, 2020 and last reviewed on: Oct 14, 2020

Good day,

I am experiencing some burning within my penis and some whitish discharge that comes out 3-4 times an hour. I started witnessing this after I had unprotected sex.

#

Dear,

What you are describing sounds like an infection called gonorrhea. It is highly transmittable and needs urgent treatment.

Since it is caused by a bacteria an antibiotic is normally curative. However, due to the escalation of antibiotic resistance, the choice of different antibiotics has narrowed in the past years. Currently the most success is seen with the substance Azithromycin.

I will write it down for you in the medication/treatment recommendation list. Nevertheless you should see your general practitioner in the morning to get tested in order to come to a definitive diagnose. Most likely you will also need a prescription from your general practitioner to be able to get your antibiotic.

Please be very careful after touching your intimate body parts. Wash and disinfect your hands! You’re very contagious at the moment and must be careful not to infect anyone else because this bacteria can also cause other very nasty infections.

I wish you a speedy recovery!

infection after unprotected sex.

Bacteria culture at local GP.

Inflammation of the urethra.

Gonorrhea

Azithromycin
To be prescribed by a local general practitioner.
If no GP is available and the medication is freely accessible, the pharmacist has to determine the dose and inform about contraindications and side-effects.

Protected/safe sex at all times.

Report back at day 5 of the antibiotic treatment.

| 
1 out of 1 likes

Kindly guide the usage of Argyreia speciosa for the treatment of gonorrhea and syphilis.

Query: Hello doctor,I want information regarding Argyreia speciosa. I have heard that the plant has also been used to treat gonorrhea and syphilis. I am finding it hard to find traditional preparation techniques for treating these conditions. Kindly guide.  Read Full »

May I know the set of tests to be done for gonorrhea and chlamydia?

Query: Hi doctor, Please explain the laboratory tests to be taken for gonorrhea and chlamydia. Is there any test other than urine and throat swab test? If I go for testing what should I ask? How much will it cost?  Read Full »

What are the effects of Adderall on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 15 years ago, I used to take a lot of Amphetamine and used to masturbate a lot. As a result, I caused a huge amount of damage to the penis and it constantly leaked urine. 3 years ago, I plucked up the courage finally to see a urologist, who said that my urethra was red and angry. B...  Read Full »

Does CD marker help in identification of blood cancer?
Hi doctor, I am a 25-year-old male suffering from joint pain and pain in the knees. I also have nausea, vomiting, gynec...  Read more»
I suddenly got fainted and woked up with bruising in eyes. Why?
Hi doctor,I am 28 years old with normal weight and following a vegetarian diet. Last month, I fainted at home and my fri...  Read more»

Ask a General Practitioner Now