Q. I have burning sensation on top left side of head. What is this?

Dr. M. A. Toyeb, Nazma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on May 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 27, 2020

I am a 30 year old male. Today I have experienced a burning sensation on the top left side of my head. It only lasts for a few seconds but it has happened a few times hours apart. What is this? I have just got over cold symptoms.

#

I have read through your question and would like to tell you that the burning sensation at the side of your head could be because of a number of reasons like vitamin deficiency (mostly B12), diabetes, thyroid problems, etc. It can also happen as a result of side effects of a medicine.

You said you have just recovered from a cold. Where you taking any medicines? It is also possible that you may have developed sinusitis. A neurological cause of this can be a pinched nerve called as occipital neuralgia. You need to give a detailed history for a proper assessment of your condition.

I hope that answers your question. If you have any further questions please feel free to write.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

|