Q. I have burning sensation on top left side of head. What is this?

Dr. Nazma Parveen
This is a premium question & answer published on May 12, 2018 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2019

I am a 30 year old male. Today I have experienced a burning sensation on the top left side of my head. It only lasts for a few seconds but it has happened a few times hours apart. What is this? I have just got over cold symptoms.

Dr. Nazma Parveen

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

I have read through your question and would like to tell you that the burning sensation at the side of your head could be because of a number of reasons like vitamin deficiency (mostly B12), diabetes, thyroid problems, etc. It can also happen as a result of side effects of a medicine.

You said you have just recovered from a cold. Where you taking any medicines? It is also possible that you may have developed sinusitis. A neurological cause of this can be a pinched nerve called as occipital neuralgia. You need to give a detailed history for a proper assessment of your condition.

I hope that answers your question. If you have any further questions please feel free to write.

For more information consult a family physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/family-physician

| 

I have sinusitis and feel like something is stuck in my neck. What can be done?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got chronic sinusitis diagnosed by ENT doctor. I am suffering from difficulties of swelling for months, feel like something is stuck in my neck like sputum or something else that is moving up and down, especially while eating or having flu. Do you think it is related to ENT or I h...  Read Full »

Can burning sensation of throat occur from acid reflux?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 40 year old male. I just like to share a problem with you related to my throat. For the last 10 days or so, I am feeling a scratch or burning like sensation behind the uvula. I do not have any problem with eating. The sensation tends to remain silent at night during sleep, but agai...  Read Full »

Can vitamin B12 deficiency cause anxiety?

Query: Hello doctor, My best friend has been suffering lately from deficiency of vitamin B12. Our doctor informed us that he suffers from depression and anxiety because of vitamin deficiency. Is it possible? His dad died when he was 10, so I observed that he takes it so seriously when he feels that he is n...  Read Full »

Ask a Family Physician Now