Q. What can I do for canker sores that do not go away for two weeks?

Dr. Asma Parveen
Published on Sep 25, 2017

What can I do for canker sores that keep multiplying and have been there for about two weeks?

#

• Canker sores can be due to a number of reasons like vitamin deficiency, bacterial or viral infection, gastritis, etc.
  • Since it has been there for two weeks now, it could be due to a vitamin deficiency. So, you can start taking Vitamin B complex with Zinc capsules for 10 days once daily.
  • Along with this, you can start using a mouthwash containing chlorhexidine gluconate. Rinse your mouth daily after brushing. Do not eat or drink anything after that for at least half an hour. Swish it inside your mouth for a minute and then rinse. This should give you the relief.
  • If in case it persists, then you need to visit your dentist to get a thorough check-up done.

Hopefully, it helps. Regards.

For more information consult a dentist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/dentist

Would fundoplication help gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been struggling with pressure under my ribs and tightness in my chest for 5 years. It is on and off, but mostly it gives me a hard time to come through. I feel hard to belch often. I have taken Esomeprazole and Nexium to keep the reflux down, but the tightness and other awful ...  Read Full »

Would viral infection affect the lymphocyte and neutrophil values?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a viral infection last week. Is it normal to have increased lymphocyte levels of 52 % and decreased neutrophil levels of 35 % after having a viral infection? It got healed within a week. I was fine when I did my blood test. My RBC and WBC are considered to be normal. As I have anemi...  Read Full »

Can a viral infection increase the ESR level?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old male. My recent blood report shows high ESR level (48 mm/hr). I am having a cough, fever, and a headache since eight days. The doctor told me that I have a viral infection, and has given me antibiotics and a cough syrup. Please guide.  Read Full »