Q. How to improve my hemoglobin level and prevent hair fall without iron supplements?

Dr. J. N. Naidu

My physician prescribed Ferrous Sulphate tablets for hair fall as I have less hemoglobin. Now I am facing constipation issues. Why do iron supplements cause constipation? Can you help me improve my hemoglobin and hair thinning? I am a 25-year-old woman with hemoglobin in the range of 10 g/dl.

#

It is true that iron deficiency anemia can adversely affect all organs in the body, including the heart, brain, hair, etc. However, you can try iron-rich foods like green leafy vegetables prepared with a few drops of lemon, boiled eggs (which contain iron and protein), animal liver (the best source of iron), fish, and meat.

|