Q. I experience mild pain and pressure in my chest associated with hand pain. Please help.

Dr. Malay Shukla
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 01, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 05, 2019

From last two to three days I am feeling some pressure on my left side chest, and my left hand is also paining a bit, and when I eat food, I feel that I am not able to breathe and a bit pain on the left side of the chest, please help.

Dr. Malay Shukla

Cardiology
#

If you are having recurrent chest pressure and chest pain at rest and also after eating food, this may be a very well be a symptom of heart pain and, hence, I would recommend you to visit a hospital to get an ECG and Troponin I blood test is done soon. If both of these are normal, we may be dealing with either non-cardiac condition or mild heart pain or attack.

To distinguish these two, there are various types of tests available, the most common being a treadmill test. Your cardiologist can decide appropriate next test based on detailed history and ECG or blood test results. So, for now, I would recommend you to go to a hospital to be checked. I hope this solves your query.

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I recently observed that my heart rate (including the resting one) is high. Resting rate is between 75 to 85 beats per minute and an average brisk walking rate is around 115 to 120 beats per minute. When I was unaware, I lived a perfectly normal life with 15 to 16 active hours. However, ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your heart rate, it is fine to have a resting heart rate of 75 to 84 beats per minute. It does not signify any major abnormalities. Exercise, stress, anxiety, smoking, caffeine can certainly lead to pulse rate elevation. So, as you mentioned, your ECG (elec...  Read Full

Chest pain since 15 days. ECG & TMT reports are normal. What could be the problem?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am having chest pain since 15 days. My ECG & TMT reports are negative. But still I am suffering with the pain. Please suggest me the appropriate treatment.  Read Full >>

Dr. Rohit Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Chest pain might be due to many reasons other than heart problem (primarily pleuritis - swelling of the lung membrane due to infection). Get your CBC (Complete Blood Count) and chest x-ray done to rule out this cause. Do massage on the affected area with a pain relievi...  Read Full

Raise in troponin level has high chance of mortality. Is that true?

Query: Hi doctor, Six months back, I had an echocardiogram and a CT angiogram. My initial troponin T level was 0.44. After six hours it dropped back down to below 0.10. My test results from the CT angiogram were normal and the calcium level was 0. My echo was also normal. I wore a monitor for seven days an...  Read Full >>

Dr. Amit Arora

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all I would like to make it clear that raise in troponin level is not criteria whether a person will live 1-3 year. Somebody had totally misguided you and you are getting panic unnecessarily. Secondly, I will clear your doubt step by step. But, before ...  Read Full