Q. I get chest pain that goes up to throat. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Yashas Saipangallu
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 24, 2016 and last reviewed on: Dec 19, 2019

I get heavy chest pains and sometimes it is unbearable. It goes up to my throat, upper jaw and sometimes to my back. Should I be worried?

Dr. Yashas Saipangallu

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

• Chest pain in your case can be due to either cardiac disease for which I may need more elaborated details from you or it could be due to gastritis.
  • Sometimes, pain from heart referred to left arm, jaw, throat and even some times to back which can be evaluated by, ECG, 2D echo cardiography, and treadmill test (TMT). These tests will tell us the condition of your heart.
  • For gastritis (must be ruled out by still more details from you), can be treated by a few medications and diet modifications. I want to know the following details.
  • Is this related to food intake? Does pain gets aggravated on jogging or walking uphill or by strain?
  • Do you have any preexisting other medical conditions? Are you addicted to alcohol or smoking, drugs, etc?
  • Do you have nausea or vomiting or bloated abdomen? Are there any sweating episodes at the time of pain?
  • Can you describe the kind of pain you are having?

Revert back with the asked details to a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner

| 

This is a sponsored video. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content/ad in the video.

Can antral gastritis cause hunger?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed with antral gastritis, lots of acid in stomach and reflux. Problems started after I took some medicines. Since then I am always hungry. I eat more than before the problem started, but still I feel hungry. I am also suffering from excessive hair loss. Why am I always hu...  Read Full »

Would fundoplication help gastritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been struggling with pressure under my ribs and tightness in my chest for 5 years. It is on and off, but mostly it gives me a hard time to come through. I feel hard to belch often. I have taken Esomeprazole and Nexium to keep the reflux down, but the tightness and other awful ...  Read Full »

My ECG is normal and heart rate is high. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I recently observed that my heart rate (including the resting one) is high. Resting rate is between 75 to 85 beats per minute and an average brisk walking rate is around 115 to 120 beats per minute. When I was unaware, I lived a perfectly normal life with 15 to 16 active hours. However, ...  Read Full »

Ask a General Practitioner Now