Q. What are the ways to cure headache and depression caused due to abuse?

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba
Published on Apr 17, 2019

I am very much feeling depressed due to some health issues. I am having a constant headache due to abuse.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Please provide details regarding your headache and abuse. Also, provide details about your current symptoms and like how they started and how they progress over time. What are the medications you are taking currently and for how long? Once I receive this information, I will be able to help you.

My parents are just a very different type of people. Initially, they were always forcing me to eat antipsychotics and when I denied eating the medicines they started doing physical abuse of me. I do not know what to do. I am feeling very bad.

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

#

Sorry to hear that your parents abuse you physically.

You mentioned that you were forced to eat antipsychotics drugs but you did not mention the reason for the same. What were the symptoms you had at that time so that your parents asked you to eat antipsychotic drugs? At present, the information is limited to give any conclusive advice. I will advise you to meet a psychiatrist and get yourself evaluated properly to find the exact cause of your suffering.

Meanwhile, you try to get adequate sleep by using proper sleep hygiene. Go for a walk. Do some exercise. Keep yourself busy. Spend time in your hobbies. Read some good book. Antidepressant medications such as SSRI can be helpful in depression but before taking these make sure you visit a psychiatrist. Also, managing your headache will give you some relief and you can use Paracetamol 500 mg to abort a headache episode.

I was abused in my childhood and struggling to deal with this. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am on 100 mg Sertraline for my anxiety and depression. I was abused as a child, but nobody knows that. I am struggling to deal with this and I am losing control. I am hardly sleeping and I get very aggressive. I am contemplating hurting those people who abused me and I cannot stop t...  Read Full >>

Dr. Parth Singh
Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do you think about your current medication? Is Sertraline helping you? If not, then you need to tell your treating doctor about it. Usually an antidepressant or anxiolytic medication begins to melt down anxiety and depression within two weeks and results are apparent...  Read Full

Does the blood pressure medication could cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 50 year old female. I have aches in my limbs and thighs especially at night. It is often characterized by heaviness in limbs. I am getting headache chiefly in left side of the head. I am taking painkiller at least once in a week for the same. I am taking Newtel 40 mg for blood pres...  Read Full >>

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. First tell me in detail about your headache to help you in better way. What is the quality of your headache? Is it either pulsatile which means tis-tis or squeezing or aching? Do you have any associated symptoms like nausea, vomiting, facial swelling, difficulty ...  Read Full

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities

Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity. Read Article

Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every coin h...  Read Article

Ask a Sexologist Now