Q. I have blisters in my neck and buttocks. Is this Chlamydial infection?

Dr. Bharatesh Devendra Basti
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I am a 39-year-old male. I had a body to body massage with a girl before three years and I had a chlamydia infection. I had some blisters near my bladder and I took antibiotics Azithromycin 1 g, Cefixime 400 mg, and Doxycycline 100 mg twice a day for 14 days. I took these medicines under the guidance of the doctor and treated them. Before two years, I had sex with a girl. After a week, I took the same course of antibiotics just as a precautionary measure. After a few months, I noticed some blisters on my right buttocks and it pained a lot while sitting. I also noticed some boils on the right side of my neck. I did not take any treatment for this till now.

Once I tried to apply turmeric cream over it and it resulted in severe itching. Though it stopped after a few days, I had some itching on the side of my right hip. I also noticed some skin burn on the right arm recently. Still, I have blisters on my right buttocks and I did not have any pus. There are boils still on my right neck. I am attaching the pictures. Recently, I took Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 14 days. I do not have pain while urinating and pain in the bladder or penis and there is no other discharge. I did HIV and STD tests. All the results came negative except for chlamydia. Does it indicate a past infection? Can I have chlamydia trachomatis? Do I need to get chlamydia real-time PCR to rule out the active infection? Please explain the reason for having boils or blisters and what causes them.

#

The boils in the buttocks or neck appear due to folliculitis. Avoid friction or irritation or applying pressure in these areas. Avoid trimming the hair too short. Clean the area gently with warm water. You can try using topical antibiotic creams like Fucidin (Fusidic acid) or T-bact cream (Mupirocin). It is unlikely due to chlamydia. There is a mild elevation in IgG (immunoglobulin G) and it indicates a past infection. Consult the doctor if it does not subside. Maintain your hygiene in the genital area. Wear loose cotton innerwear and have adequate ventilation.

I have boils in the neck region. Can I have it due to molluscum contagiosum? Earlier, I had it on my buttocks and after using a herbal soap, they got completely disappeared. Can it have spread to the neck? Can I have a skin problem due to the wrist band as I was wearing it near the elbow? I also have itching in some body parts. Could it indicate any disease? For chlamydia, does PCR test is reliable to rule out the current infection?

#

It is not clear in the photos. If the neck lesions are persisting and hard, then it can be due to molluscum contagiosum. Consult the doctor for examination and management. It can spread by touching. Any tight wear can lead to skin problems. Dryness and sweating can lead to irritation. Maintain hygiene and use moisturizing soap and lotion or cream if required. PCR (polymerase chain reaction) test is sensitive but can give false results too.

| 

Which is the best mode of transport for 2 weeks old baby?

Query: Hi doctor,My baby is 2 weeks old. I want to know whether is it safe for my baby to travel after three weeks as I wish to drop mother and baby in my wife's place. Which is the best mode for the trip?  Read Full »

Can Levaquin be used for gonorrhea?

Query: Hi doctor, I did IgG test for HSV-1 and HSV-2 after four months of possible exposure, which was negative. Is it conclusive? Is there any need to do IgM test? If IgG is negative, can I consider that I am not infected?  Read Full »

I was sexually inactive while on Chlamydia treatment and now bleeding after sex. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I tested positive for chlamydia 10 months back. The only symptom I had was bleeding in between my period that month, so I decided to go get checked out. I was prescribed two Azithromycin pills to take that day, and was told that everything would clear up in two weeks. After taking the...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»

Ask a Community Medicine Physician Now