Q. Kindly suggest me suitable antibiotics to get rid of my chlamydia infection.

and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana

I have been tested positive for chlamydia infection. I am really worried about it. Kindly suggest me suitable antibiotics and the dosage to get rid of my infection. I have attached my reports.

Kindly help.

#

I have gone through your reports (attachments removed to protect the patient’s identity).

IgG (immunoglobulin G) in your report indicates past infection. Although no treatment is recommended, you can take capsule Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily for 14 days to relieve the symptoms.

Thanks for the reply.

Does past infection mean it went away by itself? I am getting married soon, and I am really worried about passing the infection to my partner. Should I go for any STD tests? Will the test show an unfavorable result?

Please help.

#

Welcome back to icliniq.com

It just indicates a past infection, and the infection can remain in the asymptomatic phase for years. In most cases, IgG, once positive, will remain positive. Kindly take the medication, and the current chlamydia infection will resolve with the prescribed medication. So, the chances of transmission would not be there.

I hope it helps.

I am taking medication. Can I remain still be IgG positive even after taking treatment? Is there any chance for me to transmit Chlamydia to my partner? I am getting married next month. Will my wife become IgG positive? Should she require medication?

#

No, she will not become IgG positive because of you. The purpose of giving doxycycline is to cure the subclinical infection if present. So there is nothing of concern. I hope it helps. Regards.

I have a worst-case scenario. If I am currently IgM or IgA positive, will it go away after taking doxycycline? Is it right? When should I retest after taking medication?

#

First of all, I am so sorry for the delayed response. Yes, Doxycycline is the treatment of choice for Chlamydia. There is no need to retest. Regards.

|