Q. Please suggest the treatment for chlamydia trachomatis infection.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
Published on Jul 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I got tested for Chlamydia trachomatis and got my report. It gives out the value as 2.2411 and the safety zone is 0.08. I would like you to suggest me the treatment. Thank you.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Please upload your test results for my reference. Thank you.

Revert back with the reports to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

This seems to be a complicated one with no visible symptoms. I am uploading the reports. Please have a look.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

#

• First of all, with this chlamydia trachomatis test we cannot differentiate between recent and past infection.
  • If once the IgG antibodies become positive, then it will remain always positive despite of effective treatment. This is the reason why I have asked you to upload the results in order to see the type of test.
  • If you do not have any symptoms, then you do not require any treatment.
  • Nevertheless, as per your question treatment is Azithromycin 1000 mg on the first day followed by Azithromycin 500 mg for the next six days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further doubts consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Shall I take Azithromycin for chest congestion and cold?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 38 years old and I weigh 55 kg. l am having chest congestion and cold. The doctor prescribed me Azithromycin 500 mg for three days and Levocetirizine. I am asthmatic. I am also taking Foracort 400 twice a day whenever I have a breathing problem. My symptoms are not impr...  Read Full >>

Dr. Abaranam
Pulmonologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you have started on antibiotics, I suggest you take it for three days. For your asthma problem, you need to assess the level of airway diseases that can be done by pulmonary function test with reversibility. According to that, we have to adjust the dose of medic...  Read Full

What are the side effects of taking levofloxacin and azithromycin tablets?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 19 year old male and I weigh 46 kg. Over the last seven months, I am suffering from fever along with chest and back pain. I also have body ache and little blocked nose but not runny nose. The mucus keeps coming out from my mouth. I have headache and I feel very tired. My stool is ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Vivek Chail

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. It is right that tablet Azithromycin might cause heart disorder like increased abnormal rhythm and this is seen usually in the elderly age group. At 19 years of age and if you have no known cardi...  Read Full

Are STI tests on day 42 conclusive or do I require further testing?

Query: Hello doctor, I took the following STI tests on day 42 post a possible exposure and the reports show the following: HIV DUO (4th Gen) (CMIA) - Non Reactive (0.16) Syphilis Antibodies (Treponema) (EIA) - Negative (0.64) TPHA - Negative RPR - Non-Reactive HSV 1 & 2 - IgM antibody (EIA) - Negative ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Kakkar
Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com.  I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern. Tests for HIV (4th generation - HIV DUO), chlamydia and syphilis (antibody test and TPHA) are conclusive at day 42, whereas the tests for herpes genitalis need to be repeated for IgG at 12 weeks for a conc...  Read Full

Ask a Sexologist Now