Q. Please suggest the treatment for chlamydia trachomatis infection.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 06, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I got tested for Chlamydia trachomatis and got my report. It gives out the value as 2.2411 and the safety zone is 0.08. I would like you to suggest me the treatment. Thank you.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

Psychiatry Psychologist/ Counsellor Sexology
#

Please upload your test results for my reference. Thank you.

Revert back with the reports to a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

This seems to be a complicated one with no visible symptoms. I am uploading the reports. Please have a look.

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

#

• First of all, with this chlamydia trachomatis test we cannot differentiate between recent and past infection.
  • If once the IgG antibodies become positive, then it will remain always positive despite of effective treatment. This is the reason why I have asked you to upload the results in order to see the type of test.
  • If you do not have any symptoms, then you do not require any treatment.
  • Nevertheless, as per your question treatment is Azithromycin 1000 mg on the first day followed by Azithromycin 500 mg for the next six days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further doubts consult a sexologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

|