Cholecalciferol

Why is my sister having pain in head?

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly go through the MRI report of my sister. She is experiencing pain in head. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The MRI scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is of the cervical spine. She has a disc bulge in the cervical spine due to which there will be pain in the neck and the upper limbs. Pain in the upper limbs may or may not be associated with tingli...  Read Full »

Why do I sneeze multiple times a day?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old and my weight is 70 Kg. I got married 6 months back and I am having PCOD. I had sinusitis few years back and I got treated for the same. For about a year, I have been facing frequent cold issues and sneezing issues. Every day I sneeze at least 10 to 15 times. I have d...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You seem to be suffering from allergic rhinitis. Vitamin D levels are low and serum iron is normal only. I advise you following: Take a combination of tablet Levocetrizine and Montelukast for 2 week...  Read Full »

Can low levels of vitamin D and testosterone cause forgetfulness?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 50 year old. My height is 179 cm and weight 85 kg. Recently, I have tested for free testosterone and vitamin D. Both are on lower side. I am also taking Thyronorm 75 mg since last 7-8 years. I have attached my medical file of past health issues. After 7 PM, I feel very low and confu...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, for your low testosterone and low vitamin D you need to take supplements. For vitamin D, I recommend Cholecalciferol sachets or tablets 60000 units weekly once for three months. Also take Calcium supplements every night. For testosterone, you need to get Testoster...  Read Full »

Are there any problems in my routine health checkup reports?

Query: Hello doctor, I have no issues as such but not feeling fit. I am more concerned about my health. I would like to know whether my routine checkup results are alright or not. I have no symptoms of any kind. I have taken ayurveda treatment for SGPT, SGOT, and high protein. I am attaching my reports fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and came across a few significant values. Elevated uric acid can increase the risk of kidney stones and joint pains. I would suggest you have plenty of water and avoid having non-vegetarian...  Read Full »

My 1-year-old daughter has loose motion for past five days. What can be done?

Query: Hello doctor, My 1-year-old daughter is passing loose motion from past five days. Before that, she was vomiting. However, vomiting issue is resolved, but still, she is passing loose stool. She is on Ondem thrice daily 2 ml, half an hour before meal (today the course will end), Zinconia 5 ml once d...  Read Full »

Dr. Baratu Bhaisara

Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Going through the history, it suggests that the child is in the treatment of acute gastroenteritis (AGE). Medicines are rightly prescribed. I would suggest no need for vomiting medicine now, as vomiting has stopped. Withhold Arbivit Forte (Cholecalciferol) till loose mo...  Read Full »

Is it safe to give Ostocalcium and Cholecalciferol together to a baby?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 months old. She weighs 8 kg now. When she was 5 months old, her pediatrician suggested the following: 2-0-2 mL of Ostocalcium per day and one Cholecalciferol IP 60000 IU granules per month, from 5 month to 12 month of age that means 8 dosages in 8 month. Now my question...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These calcium and vitamin D supplements are important to combat vitamin D deficiency that is important for our growing bones. You can stop Cholecalciferol sachets but continue Calcium in the form of Ostocalcium or whatever you are giving. Take other precautions for exampl...  Read Full »

What drugs can help in healing avascular necrosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old male and I have pain in hip joints for more than three months. Reports indicate avascular necrosis stage 2. Pain is mostly in the right hip joint. Pain will appear only when I put extra stress on muscles. The doctor has recommended me core decompression and he cannot...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attachments (attachment removed to protect patient identity) You have avascular necrosis of the femoral head. Most of the surgeons will ask you to get operated for a core decompression or total hip replacement for this but studies have shown...  Read Full »

Why do I have problem in bending forward?

Query: Hello doctor, I injured my lower back while squatting about one and a half month back. I have difficulty in bending backwards. A sharp pain was felt when I used to bend backward. But, no pain in forward bending or sideway bending. Neither any pain was felt on touching the region. So, I started physi...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The x-ray is not very clear (attachment removed to protect patient identity), but your pain will surely reduce. So, do not worry. Just take the following tablets and few precautions. Regular follow up is the keystone to treating and reducing low back pain permanently. In...  Read Full »

Do I need vitamin D and iron supplement?

Query: Hi doctor, My 25-OH vitamin D total CLIA test showed result of 13.36 ng/mL. What supplement should I start and for how long? Also my iron is 41.2. Do I need a supplement?  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For vitamin D deficiency you need to take capsule Cholecalciferol 60,000 IU once a week for six weeks. Vitamin D is necessary for our body for general health and for calcium absorption into our body. So, indirectly it helps to maintain bone health. Vitamin D is synthe...  Read Full »

Could you suggest me a supplement for low vitamin D?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. I was diagnosed to have low vitamin D thrice over a span of 5 years. My current level is 17 ng/mL, which I understand is below normal. My lifestyle does not permit me to have enough sun exposure. Hence, I think that the supplements are the only option. Could you p...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and you definitely have a low vitamin D levels, which is very common. Obviously, today's lifestyle does not allow us to get adequate exposure to sunlight as a result of which vitam...  Read Full »