Common "Cholecalciferol" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq


The type of Vitamin D that the body makes when our skin is exposed to the sunlight is called cholecalciferol. It is also called Colecalciferol or Vitamin D3. Cholecalciferol supplements are also available to treat people with vitamin D3 deficiency. Cholecalciferol supplements are also used for rickets, hypoparathyroidism, etc. However, it may not be effective in people with kidney problems.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Can vitamin D3 deficiency cause pain in my body?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 41-year-old male weighing 174 pounds. I have had vitamin D3 deficiency for the past two years and for which I had Vitamin D3 tablets for three months. For one year I have had pain in my arms, fingers, and many parts of my body. Please go through my attached test reports and advice o...  Read Full »

Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to After going through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your Vitamin D level is very low, and lipid profile is minimally deranged. I suggest you try taking the following medicines. Consult with your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her a...  Read Full »

What should be done for the abnormalities shown in the blood test report?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a diabetic patient and I take Cetapin XR 1000 twice a day but, due to some irregularity and working stress my fasting sugar is now 140. In my test report, some other abnormalities were also present, which I have mentioned below: Triglyceride: 151 Cholesterol HDL direct: 35 Choles...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From your reports, I observe you have vitamin D deficiency, subclinical hypothyroidism, transaminitis, and reduced HDL. You are overweight. So, I would advise you to involve in physical exercises, brisk walking, and make dietary modifications.For diabetes, you ar...  Read Full »

Is calcium and vitamin D necessary to my child?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 10 months old. When she was five months old, her pediatrician suggested Ostocalcium per day and one Cholecalciferol IP 60000 IU granules per month, from five month to 12 month of age that means eight dosages in eight month. Now my questions are, My wife, who is having histo...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to These calcium and vitamin D supplements are important to combat vitamin D deficiency that is important for our growing bones. You can stop Cholecalciferol sachets but continue Calcium in the form of Ostocalcium or whatever you are giving. Take other precautions for exam...  Read Full »

Why is my husband's sugar level consistently high despite taking medicines?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband has diabetes for the last 10 years. He is currently on Amaryl M1. He is living a sedentary lifestyle. For the past few months, the sugar level is always high despite the medication. The fasting blood sugar value was around 169, a week back. His other tests like triglycerides...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I went through your post and investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I would suggest a stepwise approach. As the blood glucose level is not controlled on Amaryl M 1, increase the dose to Amaryl M 2 (Glimepiride and Metformin), one tablet in the m...  Read Full »

Please review my blood reports.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old man and I weigh 115 Kg. My preventive health checkup results show the following irregularities: Mean platelet volume 12, CHCM 31.8, mean platelet volume at 12, total cholesterol 200.6, serum uric acid 7.8, globulin 3.7, SGOT 93.27, SGPT 213.87, and vitamin D tot...  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I will explain the above one by one. Your mean platelet volume is more and the CHCM (cell hemoglobin concentration mean) is low; however, it is not clinically significant what warrants treatment. Your SGOT (serum glutamic oxaloacetic transaminase) and SGPT (serum glut...  Read Full »

Can you suggest me a supplement for low vitamin D?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 33-year-old male. I was diagnosed to have low vitamin D thrice over a span of five years. My current level is 17 ng/mL, which I understand is below normal. My lifestyle does not permit me to have enough sun exposure. Hence, I think that supplements are the only option. Could you ple...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have gone through your investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and you definitely have a low vitamin D levels, which is very common. Obviously, today's lifestyle does not allow us to get adequate exposure to sunlight as a result of which vit...  Read Full »

Can vitamin B12 deficiency cause breathlessness?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a blood test recently and my ESR was elevated to 22, while vitamin B12 was low. I have pain in the right armpit and also a pain in the neck.  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your B12 level is low, hence it should be treated with Folic acid tablets and Cyanocobalamin injections. 1. Cyanocobalamin 1000 mcg injections are given intramuscularly for six weeks. 2. ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) can be high in any inflammatory condition....  Read Full »

I have low vitamin D levels. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, Yesterday I took blood tests for hemogram, fasting sugar, and vitamin D. My vitamin D is too low. It is lower than 3. I have tiredness and joint pain too. Please suggest some medicines and diets.  Read Full »

Dr. Ashaq Hussain Parrey

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I went through your post. However, please attach your recent blood reports. If you are saying your vitamin D is low, then I would suggest you start supplements of vitamin D. Its deficiency can cause joint pains. I suggest you try taking capsule Lumia 60K (Cholecalcif...  Read Full »

Please review my sugar and thyroid reports.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 40-year-old male. I am a vegetarian. I pursue an active lifestyle. I do not smoke or drink. I am a long distance endurance marathon runner. I also strength train three days a week and run two days a week. I got my sugar test, thyroid profile and vitamin D levels checked yesterda...  Read Full »

Dr. Atishay Bukharia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Everything is perfect except vitamin D level, which seems to be on the borderline and for which I suggest taking Cholecalciferol granules, once weekly for one or two months. Hope it helps. Regards.  Read Full »

My sister has head pain. Kindly review her MRI report.

Query: Hello doctor, Kindly go through the MRI report of my sister. She is experiencing pain in head.   Read Full »

Dr. Sharoff Lokesh Mohan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to The MRI scan report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) is of the cervical spine. She has a disc bulge in the cervical spine due to which there will be pain in the neck and the upper limbs. Pain in the upper limbs may or may not be associated with tingling ...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.