Cholinergic Urticaria

What should I do to get rid of itching due to stress or exercise?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 19-year-old athlete. I have been feeling an itchy sensation when my body gets heated, stressed, or doing any type of exercise but I do not have any hives. I have been feeling this for over a year now. Usually it comes and goes, but now it started to get strong. I stopped doing sp...  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history about the concern, it seems like you have a mild condition of cholinergic urticaria. Cholinergic urticaria is nothing but developing itching or, in some cases, itchy bumps when there is a rise in body temperature. I want you to answer a few mor...  Read Full »

What is the reason for appearance of rash after bath?

Query: Hi doctor, Daily after my shower, my face turns red with rash. This has been happening since years. I have changed my soap and face wash several times. Besides, I have lived in many cities; this happens every time and everywhere. What could be the reason? What should I do for it? Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Amolkumar W Diwan

Allergy Specialist, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history it appears that, you are suffering from cholinergic urticaria or heat hives. This condition of being hypersensitive or extremely sensitive to heat or the response of sweating. People with this condition often wonder why they feel itch when they exerc...  Read Full »

I get a red line on scratching my skin. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, When my body gets hotter, my skin irritates me or when I go out on a sunny day my skin itches me and no rash appear on my skin. But when I scratch my skin a red line appears on my skin wherever I scratch it. When my bosy gets hotter I also suffer from butt sweat which is another pro...  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. From your brief history it looks like you are just having Cholinergic Urticaria which is nothing but a reaction that occurs with rise of body temperature. This is will also manifest as increased sweating. 2. There is no need to panic as this subsides or gets bett...  Read Full »

Why do I have itching on sun exposure?

Query: Hello doctor, I noticed that if I get under the sun in less than 30 seconds my body begins to itch and this did not happen during winter. I also have the same feeling when I am trying to exercise my body or when I feel a little hot. It begins to burn, after about 3 minutes body begins to itch, it s...  Read Full »

Dr. Sneha Mariam Varghese

Venereologist, Dermatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. 1. From your history about the concern, it seems like you have a mild condition of cholinergic urticaria along with photo-sensitivity. Cholinergic urticaria is nothing but developing itching or in some cases itchy bumps when there is a rise in body temperature. 2. I...  Read Full »

Why do I have itching of face and chest after sex?

Query: Hi doctor, After sex, my girlfriend's face, chest and legs burn and itch. What is the cause? And what can we do for it?  Read Full »

Dr. Rashmi Singh

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Is this the first time this has happened or every time? Are there any rashes or just itching? Kindly revert back with the details to a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist  Read Full »

My wife has urticaria. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My wife has been getting a rash which the doctor has termed as urticaria. What could have caused this? I feel she could be having a yeast intolerance. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Kakkar

Dermatologist, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your wife has been treated for urticaria. I would keep a possibility of idiopathic urticaria/hives. It presents as sudden skin welts/swellings, which can be distributed all over the body. Itching is usually severe; however it is subjective in individuals. The c...  Read Full »

I have a rash on my back which gets aggravated when I am in stress.What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a rash on my back, neck and chest for over a month. I visited my physician and she thought it could be a fungal infection. She prescribed an anti-fungal medication which I took for 2 weeks. However, the medication did not do anything, and the rash is still present. It gets i...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and attachments. (attachment removed to protect patient identity) It is not looking like fungal infection. It is more in favour of urticaria. Does it remain the same or fades with time and recur again? Does it aggravate with phys...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest me a therapy to overcome heat allergy.

Query: Hello doctor, From one and a half year, I am suffering from heat allergy. Whenever I am exposed to the sun or when my body temperature rises, I get red hives on my body, especially on hands and chest. It usually lasts for 10 to 15 minutes and disappears. This happens when I am stressed, angry or d...  Read Full »

Dr. Shalini Patodiya

Dermatologist, Venereologist, Cosmetologist, Family Physician, Hair Transplant Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem is a characteristic of cholinergic urticaria. It is a type of urticaria where patients are allergic to their own sweat. So, whenever a patient sweats, for example, due to heat, sun, stress, exercise. etc., the patient develops hives. Levocetirizine ca...  Read Full »

What homeopathic medicines should I have to subside my hives problem?

Query: Hello doctor, From December last year, I was sometimes having mosquito-like bites (swelling and itching) over my chest and back at midnight which I thought to be insect bites. I started using anti-allergy pills which would subside the problem. I had Montair LC on and off for 20 days but the problem...  Read Full »

Dr. Potnuru Srinivaasa Sudhakar

Homeopathic Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your photos of your problem (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Commonly, many are sensitive to mosquito bites. The result is a red bump and itching. A male mosquito's bite is harmless. They feed only. Female mosquitoes produce some symptoms...  Read Full »