Q. Kindly suggest me a therapy to overcome heat allergy.

Dr. Shalini Patodiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

From one and a half year, I am suffering from heat allergy. Whenever I am exposed to the sun or when my body temperature rises, I get red hives on my body, especially on hands and chest. It usually lasts for 10 to 15 minutes and disappears. This happens when I am stressed, angry or during some discussion, etc. I have consulted a dermatologist and had taken steroid injection for the problem. I was advised to take Teczine 5 mg, which I am taking on alternate days. The medicine gives me a bit of relaxation. I do not get sweat and I am mentally depressed. Please help me.

#

Your problem is a characteristic of cholinergic urticaria.

It is a type of urticaria where patients are allergic to their own sweat. So, whenever a patient sweats, for example, due to heat, sun, stress, exercise. etc., the patient develops hives.

Levocetirizine can suppress the problem till you take it. Once you stop taking it, your problem will recur.

The management actually depends on you. If you are fine taking Cetirizine daily, then no harm or else you can go for biological treatment, which is a new form of treatment. It can permanently cure the problem and you may no longer require Cetirizine. They are very safe with almost no side effect.

For further information contact a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|