Q. Why has my mother's creatinine level spiked despite taking tablets?

My mother is suffering from chronic kidney disease, and her creatinine level spiked to 3 from 2.4 within a week. She is having issues in breathing. She is in ICU now. Why did this happen even after taking medication? She has a history of diabetes. She is taking Insulin 10 to 20, Neugaba M 75 mg, Becotag, Soda mint, Ecosprin AV 75. Please help.

#

• As she is suffering from chronic kidney disease, she would have also had an acute kidney injury. The most common cause of such an acute insult is an infection. The infection can be in the blood or urine. The other cause could be a cardiac involvement.
  • At present, she needs antibiotics, diuretics, and regular monitoring.

I hope it helps you. You are free to ask any further queries to me.

For further queries consult a nephrologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/nephrologist

|