Q. Why has my mother's creatinine level spiked despite taking tablets?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Chronic Kidney Disease or Kidney Health? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My mother is suffering from chronic kidney disease, and her creatinine level spiked to 3 from 2.4 within a week. She is having issues in breathing. She is in ICU now. Why did this happen even after taking medication? She has a history of diabetes. She is taking Insulin 10 to 20, Neugaba M 75 mg, Becotag, Soda mint, Ecosprin AV 75. Please help.