Q. My problem includes sore throat, chest tightness and fever. What is wrong with me?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi
This is a premium question & answer published on May 24, 2017 and last reviewed on: Sep 25, 2021

I have been sick for over a month. It started with a sore throat, chest tightness and followed by bronchitis. Now I have stuffy nose and fever. I have taken bronchitis medications (Methylprednisolone, Amoxicillin and BREO inhaler). I have used a nebulizer with Albuterol. I am taking vitamin D 50,000 units because my vitamin D count was low. What is wrong with me?

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

• You might be having chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with superadded lower respiratory tract infection.
  • In my opinion, you can taper and stop Methylprednisolone as it is a steroid and it further reduces the immunity resulting in infections.
  • Get a chest x-ray and complete blood count done as your problems are persistent since one month. You may need antibiotics depending on the reports.
  • Consult a physician after the x-ray and complete blood count is done. Stop smoking if you are used to it. Also, check sputum examination for grams and AFB (acid fast bacilli) stain if you are coughing out sputum.

For further advice consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|