Q. My problem includes sore throat, chest tightness and fever. What is wrong with me?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

I have been sick for over a month. It started with a sore throat, chest tightness and followed by bronchitis. Now I have stuffy nose and fever. I have taken bronchitis medications (Methylprednisolone, Amoxicillin and BREO inhaler). I have used a nebulizer with Albuterol. I am taking vitamin D 50,000 units because my vitamin D count was low. What is wrong with me?

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

#

I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern.

• You might be having chronic obstructive pulmonary disease with superadded lower respiratory tract infection.
  • In my opinion, you can taper and stop Methylprednisolone as it is a steroid and it further reduces the immunity resulting in infections.
  • Get a chest x-ray and complete blood count done as your problems are persistent since one month. You may need antibiotics depending on the reports.
  • Consult a physician after the x-ray and complete blood count is done. Stop smoking if you are used to it. Also, check sputum examination for grams and AFB (acid fast bacilli) stain if you are coughing out sputum.

For further advice consult a general medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

| 

My daughter has cough. Shall I give her Dexona?

Query: Hello doctor, My 5 year old daughter is suffering from a cough and mild fever for the last four days. Doctor prescribed with LCF Syrup and Azithral Syrup, but she is still coughing. Today, when she was sleeping, we heard cracking and wheezing sound and difficulty in breathing. Shall I give her Dexon...  Read Full »

Does my chest x-ray show any nodules of concern?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion regarding my chest x-ray. The chest x-ray showed no masses, nodules or pneumonia. I just have a very mild inflammation and an old rib injury. The doctor told me that I had heart deformities, but I already knew about those.  Read Full »

In chest x-ray, what is the meaning of bilateral apical inhomogeneities?

Query: Hi doctor, I have applied for a job in abroad. I was asked to get a complete medical checkup. In the chest x-ray report, it was mentioned as bilateral apical inhomogeneities. What does it mean?  Read Full »