Q. Am I a candidate for circumcision?

Dr. Datta Ram Udayagiri
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 31, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am an 18-year-old male. Do I have a potentiality for circumcision? I have maximum turgid retraction without pain depicted in the first image. Enquiring as to whether a circumcision would benefit and possible logistics of such. What would be involved in my particular instance?

What "type" of excision would be most beneficial in terms of the amount of skin removed and the inner or outer prepuce and frenulum is retained. I have a history of frenulum tears and I am unresponsive to topical creams. Please help.

#

From your description, it is understood that you have had trauma and tears of the frenulum. I would suggest I consider circumcision. The standard procedure includes removal of the whole of the prepuce. There are some options like cosmetic circumcision where the foreskin on the glans alone is removed.

For more information consult a general surgeon online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-surgeon

|