Q. Can there be rise in creatinine and uric acid during fever and cold?

Answered by Dr. Anshul Varshney and medically reviewed by Dr. Sneha Kannan

Do you have a question on Creatinine or Fever? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

I am a 47 year old male weighing 90 kg with a height of 5'9", suffered with fever as well as cold routinely in the last month. My doctor advised me some blood test as my BP at the time of consultation was 130/110 but I was not having BP problems. The last checkup reveals normal BP 120/80. The antibiotic given to me works and I do not have fever after that. The blood test advised to me by the doctor shows normal reading except creatinine 1.19 and increased uric acid. My uric acid is normally on higher side and I was prescribed Zyloric tablets. Please advise me whether I am having any kidney related problem or not. My BP is normal without medication. What should be my line of treatment ? I have attached my lab reports including KFT, hemogram and urine test. I am worried. Please review the reports and help me.