Q. Can there be rise in creatinine and uric acid during fever and cold?

Published on Feb 29, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 23, 2019

I am a 47 year old male weighing 90 kg with a height of 5'9", suffered with fever as well as cold routinely in the last month. My doctor advised me some blood test as my BP at the time of consultation was 130/110 but I was not having BP problems. The last checkup reveals normal BP 120/80. The antibiotic given to me works and I do not have fever after that. The blood test advised to me by the doctor shows normal reading except creatinine 1.19 and increased uric acid. My uric acid is normally on higher side and I was prescribed Zyloric tablets. Please advise me whether I am having any kidney related problem or not. My BP is normal without medication. What should be my line of treatment ? I have attached my lab reports including KFT, hemogram and urine test. I am worried. Please review the reports and help me.

Critical Care Physician Diabetology General Medicine Internal Medicine Medical Gastroenterology Nephrology Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Rheumatology
#

I have gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

During any acute infection serum creatinine can rise as a result of infection as well as dehydration. For a better judgment you need to get a repeat serum creatinine as well as uric acid done. This should give us a clear idea. In case if it is still high, you would require to get further investigations. So, get the repeat test done and write back to me with reports.

What has to be done for fever and chills in 3 years 6 months old child?

Query: Hello doctor, Fever and chills in a child of age 3 years 6 months. A mild cough is also noticed. What can I do?  Read Full »

Can I take Combiflam for fever?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a fever and cold for the past three days. I am taking Calpol and Combiflam. How can I get cured?  Read Full »

Please advise non-surgical treatment for lumbar lordosis and disc dehydration.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a back pain which has made me stay in bed for two weeks. Now the pain has reduced but I have very limited movement, just to go to the bathroom but still, there is a pain when I want to stand up. I did the MRI test, the result was showing lumbar lordosis is decreased with scolio...  Read Full »

Ask a Nephrologist Now