Q. Will aposthia condition naturally mimics circumcision?

Dr. Shahil Khant

I was born 14 weeks premature and was told that do not circumcise that young. I believe I have a condition called aposthia, but I need help in identifying what it is?

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

I have seen images sent by you. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

Aposthia is the absence of skin covering glans. In the flaccid state, there is definitely a skin covering your glans. In erected state definitely glans skin gets pulled behind the coronal sulcus. So I do not think you have any abnormalities.

| 

The skin covers the glans because I stretched it over in my 20's to regain the coverage. I also have a pretty wild vertical scar coming down from the corona.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Yes, the scar is very faint. There might be some operative procedure which might have been performed in childhood which you may not be knowing. Why did you stretch it? What problem you have now? It appears perfectly fine with excellent erection.

Also, your skin is reasonably covering the glans. And if it is not covering also there is no harm at all.

| 

I do not like living in the dark and do not like being considered circumcised. I am not. I stretched because I do not want to be exposed. The vertical scar does not seem surgical to me. Is the horizontal line, a man-made scar?

This is my theory. While my foreskin was developing it adhered to the point behind the center of my head. As the foreskin continued to grow, it split into a V and the adhesion eventually separated. My mother said she remembers seeing the foreskin separated but it was not operated on. Eventually, I think it straightened out horizontally creating that horizontal scar or line. Widening my foreskin and causing the remaining prepuce not to operate as normal, but mimicking circumcision.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

Vertical line what you are calling is the frenulum. It is normal for everyone. The horizontal line is very faintly visible which I do not think as a scar. Your prepuce covers your glans adequately and frankly it does not seems like circumcision to me. Your penis appears absolutely normal. And in erection by default prepuce skin gets pulled behind exposing glans which is normal.

Your foreskin adherent theory is also possible. But whatever happened in past, your penis appears absolutely fine now. Nothing to worry at all.

| 

I was actually talking about the vertical scar on the dorsal side. I agree nothing to worry about, and it does not cause problems. I am very against infant circumcision and I cannot live circumcised if I was not in the first place, if that makes sense.

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrology General Surgery Urology
#

I doubt any scar on the dorsal side. And I think you are not circumcised. So feel normal as anyone cannot say you are circumcised. For me, you are uncircumcised only.

|