Q. My little fingers, which have been bent since birth, is paining now. What to do?

Dr. Shobhit Shah
Published on Jan 20, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

My little fingers have been bent since birth, and I was told that I had clinodactyly. I am 22 now and have had no problem with these bent suckers until about two months ago. In the last two months, I have been getting incredible pain and tingling in both my little fingers. While driving and when my hands grip something, my little finger tucks under my ring finger. It is uncomfortable, and after about 2 minutes the pain increases and I have to change my grip. At this stage, if I make my little finger straight for a while, then it will relieve the pain and tingling feeling. Please help.

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Internal Medicine
#

• Clinodactyly is inherited condition associated with bent fingers. Usually, its excessive growth or bending may cause problems in childhood. It looks unlikely that at your age when growth has already occurred, this will occur.
  • Still, I advise you to visit a doctor to have a neurological checkup of upper limb to see whether its excessive bending or stiffness that is causing the symptoms or something else.
  • For excessive bending or stiffness in clinodactyly, surgery can be done.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Can any medicine cause tingling sensation of scalp?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing tingling sensation of the scalp on left side of my head. The medications which I am taking are Zyprexa, Prozac Sonata, Neurontin, Tramadol and Metformin. Will any of these medications cause this tingling sensation?  Read Full »

Why is there a feeling of discomfort and numbness in my left arm?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 25-year-old man. For the past few weeks, I have a feeling of discomfort and numbness in my left arm and heart. Also, I have discomfort and kind of a pain in my armpits. I can also feel tingling pain in bones from fingers to toes. Please help.  Read Full »

Can radiation from phone result in nerve problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a tingling, warm and very uncomfortable sensation in my finger when I touch my phone. What could it be? I am very afraid it is due to the radiation from the phone.  Read Full »