Q. From the scan report, please explain the cause of my low back pain.

Dr. Vivek Chail
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 07, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 21, 2021

I do not remember any spine trauma. I do have morning stiffness of greater than one hour with will become better with movement. I have this issue for the past seven years. My HLA-B27 is positive. Am I suffering from inflammatory spondyloarthropathy or ankylosing spondylitis? I have attached my reports. My previous history includes bilateral linear edema of SI joint. I am currently on Celebrex 200 mg a day.

#

• The SI joints show minimal linear hyperintensity on STIR (short TI inversion recovery) sequence (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • The other findings include fatty changes in the T6 vertebra, and this occurs in many people. It is not a disease condition.

For further information consult a radiologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

What could be the cause of the minimal edema on the SI joints? Did you see anything in the MRI that would result in the moderate chronic LBP I have?

#

• There is a misalignment between the L5 and S1 vertebrae, and the L5-S1 disc is compressed. Your low backache is due to this problem.
  • Please get a routine lumbar spine MRI scan done.

Revert with the reports to a radiologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/radiologist

|