Joint Stiffness

Please suggest medicine for stiffness caused by ankylosing spondylitis.

Query: Hi doctor, I have been diagnosed to have ankylosing spondylitis approximately 2 years back. I also had psoriasis, probably due to the same and it is chronic. Of late, there is extreme pain and even more stiffness, especially during the morning. It is no more tolerable and hence I am writing this. ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Here are the answers to your questions. You have been diagnosed as a case of ankylosing spondylitis with psoriasis. Both the condition will affect your joints. Ankylosing will affect mainly axial skeletal joints. Psoriasis mostly affects peripheral joints and is of ...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for my various neurological problems?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old female. I am an occasional drinker and social smoker (pack a week). Until the last 4 years, I jumped from career to career due to the inability to perform duties. No prior surgeries or diagnoses other than EDS (idiopathic hypersomnia) at the age of 23. I take multi ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your situation seems to be really complex. Coming to this point, I would recommend checking some blood lab tests: 1. Vitamin B12 and D plasma levels for possible deficiency. 2. Thyroid hormone levels for po...  Read Full »

My finger joints are stiff every morning. Is it a type of arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I get stiff joints in the fingers (like an elastic effect) when I get up from bed in the morning. I also get ankle pain. After a few movements, I am fine. I consulted a rheumatologist who mentioned that it is psoriatic arthritis. My joint pain is very mild and comes only when I am id...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have an inflammatory joint pain which is causing a stiffness of the joints once they are rested. This is called jelly phenomenon. If you have psoriasis or any member in your family has psoriasis then one can call it psoriatic arthritis. Th...  Read Full »

Can Achilles' tendon weakness make a person fall often?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a question for my mother. My mother is 50 years old. She complains of episodic, sudden loss of weight bearing ability on the left Achilles tendon. This has resulted in two major falls, which resulted in trauma. These are present for past few months and have become more frequent in...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your mother's elaborative history provided here, along with the reports attached (attachment removed to protect patient identity) with this query. She has mild osteoarthritic changes in the lumbosacral region with osteoarthritis knee, anemia, peria...  Read Full »

What does joint pain with flare ups indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been to six different rheumatologists. One of those rheumatologists said I have fibromyalgia and I still do not agree with this diagnosis. My labs come back normal. My radiographic test concludes osteoarthritis in both knees and thumbs. I have pain in these joints and have a bo...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have multiple joint arthritis. Since CRP (C-reactive protein), R factor, Anti CCP (cyclic-citrullinated antibody) antibody, and ESR are normal no one is going to conclude this as rheumatoid arthritis or seronegative arthritis. I need the following details: ...  Read Full »

What could cause knee problem with stiffness in hands and shoulders other than RA?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28-year-old female currently under investigation for RA and have been for a while now. I began having knee problems at the age of 15 (my mother’s problems began in her knees at the age of 13) and the problems remained there for a few years. In the last three to four years...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and blood reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I do have a few queries to help you reach the correct diagnosis. I want to be really sure we are dealing with inflammatory arthritis and so we can modify your medicines...  Read Full »

What could be the possible cause for rashes all over the body and joint stiffness?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a daily clock like work since four years. I finished remodeling a manufactured home and college working full time. Every night starting around 9 pm I start to get stiff and then it slowly worsens by 11 pm. I can barely lift an arm or stand up without pain. Opening a bottle and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The rashes do look like urticarial. It may be induced by environmental changes or it may be due to some other problem coming up. But, they do happen due to some form of inflammatio...  Read Full »

Can problem in the hip cause knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have stiffness and pain in thighs and knees for more than a year. I cannot sit properly and stand up instantly. I am having problem in each and every activity involving legs. I have reduced mobility and flexibility of legs. My report shows AVN stage 3 of hip joint, f...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hip avascular necrosis (AVN) and hip arthritis causes pain in the affected hip and also sometimes in the knees as the same nerve which supplies the hip also supplies the knee joint. It is called as obturator nerve. This nerve supplies both the joints. So if there is ...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for back pain and stiffness?

Query: Hi doctor, My middle back is slightly painful and stiff. I have taken some medicine and it decreased, but not completely. Also, I feel some heaviness in the forehead. Please suggest some treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the way you described, it seems that you have a locked back. So, you need a few medicines and physiotherapy.Instructions to reduce back pain and stiffness are as follows: Avoid lifting heavy weights, sitting for a long time and two wheeler rides. Avoid arching your...  Read Full »

From the reports, please let me know the disease I am suffering from.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. My height is 5'5" and weight is 55 kg. I am a software engineer. For the last four months, I am having pain in my both hips. To be more precise, the pain is in the front side of the joint between hip and thigh. Around four months back, I had a fall on my right si...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are very young and should not be having this kind of hip pains that you have described. I have also gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which you have sent and there are some points that we have to concentrate and discuss wit...  Read Full »