Joint Stiffness

Can problem in the hip cause knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have stiffness and pain in thighs and knees for more than a year. I cannot sit properly and stand up instantly. I am having problem in each and every activity involving legs. I have reduced mobility and flexibility of legs. My report shows AVN stage 3 of hip joint, f...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hip avascular necrosis (AVN) and hip arthritis causes pain in the affected hip and also sometimes in the knees as the same nerve which supplies the hip also supplies the knee joint. It is called as obturator nerve. This nerve supplies both the joints. So if there is ...  Read Full »

What can be the reason for back pain and stiffness?

Query: Hi doctor, My middle back is slightly painful and stiff. I have taken some medicine and it decreased, but not completely. Also, I feel some heaviness in the forehead. Please suggest some treatment.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the way you described, it seems that you have a locked back. So, you need a few medicines and physiotherapy.Instructions to reduce back pain and stiffness are as follows: Avoid lifting heavy weights, sitting for a long time and two wheeler rides. Avoid arching your...  Read Full »

From the reports, please let me know the disease I am suffering from.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. My height is 5'5" and weight is 55 kg. I am a software engineer. For the last four months, I am having pain in my both hips. To be more precise, the pain is in the front side of the joint between hip and thigh. Around four months back, I had a fall on my right si...  Read Full »

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are very young and should not be having this kind of hip pains that you have described. I have also gone through your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), which you have sent and there are some points that we have to concentrate and discuss wit...  Read Full »

My little fingers, which have been bent since birth, is paining now. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor,My little fingers have been bent since birth, and I was told that I had clinodactyly. I am 22 now and have had no problem with these bent suckers until about two months ago. In the last two months, I have been getting incredible pain and tingling in both my little fingers. While driving a...  Read Full »

Dr. Shobhit Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Clinodactyly is inherited condition associated with bent fingers. Usually, its excessive growth or bending may cause problems in childhood. It looks unlikely that at your age when growth has already occurred, this will occur. Still, I advise you to visit a doctor to have ...  Read Full »

My finger joints are stiff every morning. Is it a type of arthritis?

Query: Hello doctor, I get stiff joints in the fingers (like an elastic effect) when I get up from bed in the morning. I also get ankle pain. After a few movements, I am fine. I consulted a rheumatologist who mentioned that it is psoriatic arthritis. My joint pain is very mild and comes only when I am id...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. You have an inflammatory joint pain which is causing a stiffness of the joints once they are rested. This is called jelly phenomenon. If you have psoriasis or any member in your family has psoriasis then one can call it psoriatic arthritis. Th...  Read Full »

I have pain and clicking of joints Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a joint pain with lots of clicking. On a scale of 1 to 10, it is only 1 or 2. But, the clicking is to the point where it is annoying. Also, my ankle hurts a lot for no apparent reason. I do not know if this is relevant, but my foot used to turn in.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your worry is about the clicking of the joints, then that is fairly common, and not a cause for worry especially if you are in a growing phase or stopped growing recently. You however, have to do regular stretches and strengthening exercises to help with this. You ...  Read Full »

My joint pain is affecting my academics. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been experiencing joint pains in my waist, back, and neck for a year now. Whenever I visit a hospital, I am prescribed NSAID, which gives me only a temporary relief. I want this problem to get solved permanently because it has started affecting my academics. I need your ...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. Your predominant complaint is pain along the axial skeleton. If it is associated with early morning stiffness of the back and if the pain increases with rest, then ankylosing spondylitis needs to be ruled out. If the above features are not pr...  Read Full »

How do I manage my rheumatoid arthritis until I wait for my specialist?

Query: Hello doctor, My primary care physician said that I may have RA. My ESR rate was 27, my CRP was 14.1 and my CCP antibody IgG was 500. What does this mean? I have heard a high CCP result could indicate more aggression in my RA, if that is what I have.  Read Full »

Dr. Divya Agarwal

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, the chances that you have RA (rheumatoid arthritis) or are developing it, are high. Anti-CCP antibodies are associated with RA and may also indicate an aggressive disease. However, there are various prognostic markers. This is only one of them. A high ESR and CRP,...  Read Full »

I have weird sensations all over my body since seven months. What can be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor,I have started feeling weird sensations all over my body for seven months now, and they all happen at once and on a daily basis. My skin itches all over, especially my face and scalp. A lot of the times, when I speak, I sense a vibration in my eyes or a little bit lower. It is as an inn...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Sardar Narayankar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These all symptoms point towards a chronic condition. You will have to undergo few more investigation as follows. Basic hemogram. Thyroid function tests. Check for autoimmune diseases status, consult a physician and get tested for ANA (antinuclear antibody). Do you eve...  Read Full »

My right hip pops loudly. What could be the reason?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 27 year old female. My weight is 135 lbs and height is 5'7". For the past two months, my right hip pops very loudly for at least once or twice a day when I sit on my knees and lean to my right. It hurts badly for a second and then the pain goes away. Though if it does not pop, my h...  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Popping feeling or sound around a joint is often due to soft tissue rubbing over a bony prominence. They may or may not be painful.Other cause can be from within the joint, and this is more significant as it may come from the joint moving abnormally or something that is ...  Read Full »