Q. I feel my clitoris is smaller than before. Is this normal during pregnancy?

Dr. Sonal Prasad
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 08, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 11, 2019

I am very concerned and need an answer. I am seven weeks and pregnant and have had no complications so far. But, today, my clitoris feels way smaller then it did yesterday. And I am way more nauseous then I have been. I cannot stand or sit up for too long before I am rushing to the bathroom to gag and dry heave, but not throw up.

I cannot get into my doctor for 10 days, but I am very scared that something is wrong. I am 19 years old, have a uterine fibroid which my doctor said should not interfere with baby, and cysts on my left ovary. My clitoris is smaller, no sensation, very dry, and is sore. I am taking Keflex (Cefalexin) for a uti and Zantac for acid reflux. Please get back to me as soon as possible. Do I need to go to the ER, or am I paranoid with my first pregnancy?

Dr. Sonal Prasad

Childbirth Educator Lactation Counselor Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Please do not be scared, and the vaginal symptoms are due to uti (urinary tract infection). Take a lot of water and a warm bath (not hot but warm) to relieve those symptoms. Nausea is a part of morning sickness, and besides Zantac, you can take Doxinate tablets twice a day for seven days. Also, increasing the intake of bananas will provide you comfort as they are rich in vitamin B6. Do not take any other medication than Keflex, Zantac, Doxinate, and Folvite (folic acid). I hope this helps.

hyperemesis gravidarum

doxinate
vitamin b6

I am having itching in clitoris and inflamed lips on labia. Is it an STD?

Query: Hello doctor,Yesterday, I had some really bad itching in my clitoris. Today I woke up with inflamed lips on labia and more discharge than usual. Please help me my vagina is sore and I am only 18 years old. I do not want to tell my parents that I have been sexually active. I do not know if it is a ST...  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It could be sexually transmitted disease. Have one vaginal swab to check in the laboratory to exactly know the organism of infection. Have a strict hygiene. Wear soft comfortable undergarments. Use condoms to prevent transmission of infection. After collection of vag...  Read Full

Is UTI contagious?

Query: Hi doctor, A few days ago I was diagnosed with UTI infection. I was put on antibiotics, and the ER doctor sent my urine for a culture. My doctor told me that Klebsiella pneumoniae is present in my urine culture and referred me to a specialist. What does it mean? I am 23 years old and sexually active...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. UTI - urinary tract infection caused by Klebsiella takes longer to get treated. But, once cleared it should not come back. Recurrent UTI could be due to kidney stones, diabetes, dehydration, involvement of upper urinary tract, frequent sexual encounters, etc. I would ...  Read Full

NT scan shows placenta is fundo posterior lower edge reaching internal os. Can I travel?

Query: Hi doctor, Our 12 weeks NT scan indicates developing placenta is fundo posterior lower edge reaching internal OS. The doctor advised 30 days complete bed rest. I need your opinion on the same case and also doing an ultrasound scan after two weeks. This scan was done 10 days back and since then I am...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. At 12 weeks gestation with placenta fundo-posterior with lower edge reaching internal is a fairly acceptable finding for early pregnancy. It does not really call for bed rest if there has been no episode of any bleeding per vaginum. The safest distance of placenta is...  Read Full