Clogged Ear

Will clogged ears with ringing heal on their own?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 42-year-old healthy female. Last Friday, I woke up with a very muffled right ear. As I started stressing about it, I developed ringing. I went to my family doctor, and she said that the ear was heavily congested but saw no infection. She also looked up at my nostril and said my...  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know whether you have any sinus problems. Did you have an earache? Has your hearing improved now? Is it only the ringing sensation that bothers you? Or do your ears still feel clogged? Of course, tinnitus can follow acute otitis media or secretory ...  Read Full »

Why is my left ear hurting these past few days?

Query: Hi doctor,My left ear is hurting a lot for the past few days and it is extremely painful. I do not have a cough or cold. But I have allergic rhinitis and I do not have any allergic attack recently. The ear is full and I can hear a ringing sound. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. A ringing sound or a wind-like sound in the ear that lasts for more than five minutes is called tinnitus. If it is less than five minutes, it is not significant. This particular sound you are describing is usually caused due to the dysfunction of the eustachian tube. It...  Read Full »

How to unclog your ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I woke up five days ago with clogging in my ears. Stupidly, I went with one of the first solutions I found online and poured hydrogen peroxide in my ear. It is now stuck in my ear canal and I cannot get it out. I have tried Swim-ear drops, ear candle, wax removal kit and shaking my hea...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. How sure are you it is wax that caused the blocked ears? If you are absolutely sure, you can put the wax dissolving drops and, it will act on the wax, temporarily swell it and then dissolve it. Or, it will make the wax soft enough for easy removal by a doctor using...  Read Full »

How to treat my ear bleed with mild pain?

Query: Hello, doctor. I currently have a problem with my left ear right now. And I can't get it checked up due to quarantine, so I may need your assurance. I scratched my ear while I was asleep the other day, surprised to be awaken by a sudden pain inside my ear. It was very painful. I assume it go...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, the way you are describing your ear symptoms it seems like you have just scratched off the skin of your ear canal.. since the skin of the ear canal is very thin it takes time to heal.. when at home please do not use cotton to close the ear canal.. since there is chance of fungal ear infecti...  Read Full »

Is smoking anyway related to the plugged feel in my ears?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 28 years old. I started smoking a year before (two units daily). For the past six months, I have plugged/fullness feeling in my right ear. Sometimes pop sound also occurs. When I yawn or chew gum, it decreases but again returns. Fullness and pressure sensation is felt across the ...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are two problems out there. 1. Eustachian tube catarrh: the eustachian tube basically ventilates the nose and the ear. In a situation where it does not function, a negative pressure develops in the side of the ear leading to feeling of vaccum, ringing sounds, fee...  Read Full »

What should I do to my blocked ear due to a hit?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old. Yesterday, I got hit on my ear and it is blocked. The sound is not going inside, and I am hearing a lot of air sound. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Syed Tehmid

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do you mean by air sounds? Do you hear noises, or is there any ringing of the ears? Since you have hearing impairment following a slap, there are two possibilities. One is there may be trauma to the eardrum, which might have perforated with consequent hearing ...  Read Full »

Please suggest quick relief for cold and nasal congestion.

Query: Hi doctor,My mother is a diabetic and also hypertension patient. She is 66 years old. She is on regular diabetes and anti-hypertensive medicine. Now, she has severe cold, nasal congestion and ear congestion. Which medicine can be taken? Will Cetirizine be effective?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your concern. I suggest tablet Allegra 180 mg (Fexofenadine) twice daily for five days. One tablet is to be taken in the morning and one at night after meals. Consult her doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medici...  Read Full »

Can eustachian tube blockage be diagnosed using a sinus x-ray?

Query: Hello I have a couple of questions first can a sinus X-ray show if your Eustachian tube are closed or not. Or do the ent have to go up your nose to find out. I had a sinus infection and nasal drip my ears are clogged I went to my doctor he said I had fluid and an ear infection and sent me to a ent a...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Before I explain and answer your questions, I will take a little of your time to explain what has probably happend in your case. The eustachian tube basically ventilates the nose and the ear. In a situation where it does not function, a negative pressure develops in the side of the ear leading...  Read Full »

Why do I get increased ringing in ears inspite of normal ear test?

Query: Hello doctor, I have increased ringing in both ears. I have been diagnosed with post nasal drip. The left ear feels blocked and the left side of the throat feels clogged as well. I had taken antibiotics on the prescription but that is not working. My ear testing results were normal.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem seems to be due to sinusitis. Sinusitis itself can cause clogged feelings in the throat or sinusitis can cause secondary pharyngitis which can cause throat problems. Do you have a headache or nose block or excessive sneezing? I will want you to send me a...  Read Full »

What causes achy jaw, congested ear and sore throat after receiving a filling in tooth?

Query: Hello doctor, I may have an abscess and I am worried about going into the dentist because of the coronavirus. Currently, I am experiencing an achy jaw and ear congestion on one side, a slightly stiff neck, and a mild sore throat. This comes before one month after a filling repair, and two weeks afte...  Read Full »

Dr. Wajid Hassan

Dentist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand the fear you have not to go to the dentist but please do not risk your health because of the fear of coronavirus. There are precautions to that and the dentist will also be taking precautions as the state has already issued guidelines for the doctors...  Read Full »

Starting @ just €19.99