Q. Other than earwax, what can cause clogged ear?

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N
This is a premium question & answer published on May 08, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 19, 2020

I had cold a few days ago. During that time, my ear was clogged. I originally thought that it was earwax, but I tried everything for earwax and it did not help. It has been a few days now and I am trying to find out what might be wrong. Please help.

#

• You need a course of antibiotics, some anti-inflammatory drugs, nasal decongestant drops and steam inhalation for few days. This will remove the infection from tube, make the tube patent and ensure drainage and ventilation of middle ear.
  • Antibiotics could be of Fluoroquinolone genre, anti-inflammatory of trypsin-chymotrypsin and nasal decongestant of Xylometazoline or Oxymetazoline nasal drops.
  • This is not a very serious condition and it will be better with the medications.

For further clarifications consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|