Q. I am suffering from mild cold and severe clogging of ears. Please help.

Published on Sep 27, 2018

I am suffering from a mild cold and severe clogging of ears. I am taking Afrin spray for an hour and one pill of Sudafed. I developed a similar condition of cold and sinus infection before six months. I had severe clogging of ears. I was given Amoxicillin for five days and Prednisone 5 mg. My ENT doctor examined my ears and told me that there was no issue with the eardrum. He diagnosed it as eustachian tube issue. Please help.

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

You can take Sudafed (Pseudoephedrine) once daily. Take nasal spray once daily. Avoid cold spicy foods, avoid smoking and alcohol. Avoid dust and pollution. Take some steam inhalation thrice daily.

My right ear is plugged due to sinus cold. How do I unplug it?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a sinus cold for two weeks. I have taken nasal spray. Now my right ear is plugged. How do I unplug it? Currently, I am taking Bupropion , Celexa, and Naproxen.  Read Full >>

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sinus congestion or attacks of sinusitis can lead to a sensation of blocked ears as the congested sinus passages tend to block out the eustachian tube at one end. You can try steam with menthol inhalation three times a day, along with Budesonide nasal spray one puff in ...  Read Full

Is it possible to take Actifed and Otrivine nasal drops together in a bypass patient?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 60-year-old man. I have had a bypass operation 17 years back. I am on alpha and beta blockers. Is it possible to take Actifed and Otrivine nasal drops together?  Read Full >>

Dr. Hafiz Muhammad Hassan Shoukat

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest it is better to space these out at least two hours apart. Give a gap of two hours before taking other after taking one. Pseudoephedrine and Oxymetazoline have common alpha agonist activity, can increase, give a surge in BP, especially if your BP already ...  Read Full