Q. What is the likelihood of getting pregnant while taking combined OCP?

Dr. Shubhadeep Bhattacharjee
This is a premium question & answer published on Jun 26, 2017 and last reviewed on: Nov 05, 2021

I had a question about the likelihood of getting pregnant while taking combined birth control pills. I started taking the pills three weeks ago, using the first-day method. So, I took my first pill on the first day of my period because I heard it works right away. I had unprotected sex a few times since starting the pill, and all times my partner ejaculated in me. The first event of unprotected sex was six days into taking the pill. Lately, I have been having bad nausea in the mornings, dizziness, urine frequency, and creamy yellowish white discharge.

#

Welcome to icliniq.com.

• If you have started the pills from day one of the periods, then you are protected from the very first day. So, if you had intercourse after six days, you need not worry. Also, combined birth control pills give you a month long protection irrespective of the number of intercourse.
  • As far as the symptoms you have mentioned, these are minor side effects of combination pills. I suggest taking antiemetic like Ondansetron or Granisetron for relief. If they are too troublesome, you will have to change the brand or stop using the pills.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|