Q. Why do my eyes hurt after staring at a computer for 30 minutes?

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal
This is a premium question & answer published on May 25, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I am a programmer, and I use the computer for 12 hours every day. My eyes start hurting after 30 minutes of staring at the computer. I do not have any vision issues, apart from the pain that I feel.

#

• Prolonged working on laptop, TV, mobile, or even studying, can cause computer vision syndrome. Computer vision syndrome is a condition resulting from focusing the eyes on a computer or other display device for uninterrupted periods of time. Some symptoms of CVS include:
  1. Headaches.
  2. Blurred vision.
  3. Neck pain.
  4. Redness in the eyes.
  5. Eye strain.
  6. Dry eyes.
  7. Watery eyes.
  • These symptoms can be further aggravated by improper lighting conditions. The measures to reduce this include:
  1. Work under proper light.
  2. Blink a lot.
  3. Cold compresses.
  4. Use good lubricating eyedrop.

I hope this will help you.

For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|