Q. After taking Duphaston, I noticed brown discharge. Can I be pregnant?

Dr. Tinu Philip
and medically reviewed by Dr. Lochana

Hello doctor, I am 24 and trying to conceive but my periods are irregular i went to a gynec and she gave me duphaston after using it for 5days i got my period after 5 days and in the same way i used it the next month also and after my second dose after ultrasound she prescribed me Clomid and i took it for 5days in this month-17-21 and from 22nd-26 again i took Duphaston but my period is delayed and after 17days i just noticed a brown discharge but no period can i expect pregnancy

Dr. Tinu Philip

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Hello, Hope u r safe. The Duphaston that's being prescribed is to correct the hormonal levels and to support your pregnancy. In your case ,to conclude from the history alone whether you are pregnant would be difficult. If there is no pregnancy ,patients will start to bleed after stopping duphaston within 1-3 days. However a brown discharge at this time can also occur due to implantation bleeding in case of a pregnancy. So the best way to confirm would be to do a urine pregnancy test or better if possible to do a blood beta HCG. A positive result in either will confirm your pregnancy. Hope this helps. Wish u a successful outcome at the earliest. Good day.

|