Q. Having endometriosis. Can I use Vitex with Duphaston to conceive ?

I have endometriosis, so my doctor placed me on Duphaston 10 mg, once a day. But, I am not ovulating, and I am trying to conceive. Can I use Vitex 20 mg together with it?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

How are you doing? May I start by telling you few basic facts of endometriosis.

Every month, when a lady has periods, most of the blood goes out through the cervix, but a small fraction goes into the abdomen through the tubes. This blood settles on and around the ovaries and uterus.

This blood gradually forms a lot of adhesions and causes the symptoms of pain during periods and sex, when the adhesions get pulled. This is a progressive condition, and every month this pain and adhesions keep increasing.

Now you can imagine what is the solution, stop periods. For you the best method is pregnancy. You will have 10 months of no periods and later no periods till you stop breastfeeding.

Tablet Duphaston is hormone Progesterone, which is the same hormone produced by the ovaries during the second half of periods. This will keep the inner lining of the uterus thin, and as it is taken continuously, it will stop the hormonal ups and downs needed for ovulation. That is the reason you are not ovulating. This is suitable when you are not waiting to get pregnant.

I am not sure how helpful tablet Vitex would be. May I suggest that you stop Duphaston, and you will have periods of few days. Just go through the following investigations to find if any problems are there:

1. Husband's semen analysis at least two times, done four weeks apart. Preferably in an infertility center (examination done by andrologist) and blood sugars.
  2. Your blood sugar and thyroid profile.
  3. Ultrasound scans to evaluate the uterus, ovaries, and adnexa.
  4. Confirm tubal patency, which is most important. It is the tube between the uterus and ovaries (the bridge where sperm meets the egg and forms a baby). This is the size of the hair follicle and cannot be seen on scans. Being such a small opening tube can get blocked easily. So check with HSG (hysterosalpingogram) or SSG (sonosalpingography) or laparoscopy.

In endometriosis, the tube can get blocked, and no matter how good the egg and sperm are, they may not meet at all. Once all tests are done, have ovulation induction under a doctor's supervision. Do not delay pregnancy using small methods. Your endometriosis will be progressing every month.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|