Q. Is there any harm in using Ovasafe and Duphaston if I plan to delay pregnancy?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

I am 20 years old and got married a year ago. I had a problem with water bubbles formed up in my uterus and causing irregular periods. I used Folvite and Cystelia 35 for three months. Now, the doctor has given the following tablets and informed that I could get pregnant if I use those medicines. They are Ovasafe, Duphaston and Folvite. However, I would like to delay my pregnancy to two more months. Can I continue the tablets? Is there any harm in using the medicine if I plan to delay my pregnancy?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• These medications are very safe. I suggest you Folic acid supplements, as it has to be taken three months before planning to for pregnancy.
  • You can discontinue Ovasafe and Duphaston till you want to plan for pregnancy. But, you can continue Folic acid supplements.
  • Even if you take the medications, there is no harm. The only thing could be that your chance of pregnancy will be high.
  • As you do not want to get pregnant for the next months, you can avoid those two medications.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|