Q. Can my wife be pregnant after having had sex on the seventh day after her menses?

I had sex with my wife on the seventh day after her menses cycle. Can she become pregnant? Kindly advise.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

There is no chance of her getting pregnant.

Usually, a lady has an ovulation around the 12th to the 16th day of her periods with the first day of bleeding being the day one of her periods.

• Life of the egg is 24 hours only and that of the sperm is 72 hours. So, definitely, the egg will not meet the sperm on the 7th day of her periods.
  • As the egg will not be released so early and sperm will not stay alive until the next ovulation day, there is no chance of pregnancy unless you have any further sexual exposure very close to the ovulation date. So just relax and she will get her periods on time.
  • Do not take any emergency pill as it will alter her periods.

Hope I have clarified your query. Regards.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I would like to know that I had sex with my wife six days after the start of her menstrual cycle. Will she be pregnant?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• As I said, she has no chance of getting pregnant.
  • She will have ovulation 14 days after her menstrual cycle, and the egg would have been available around 24 hours only.
  • As your sexual exposure was not anywhere near that date, there is no chance of pregnancy.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

We had relation on 25th and I had given her I pill on 27th. What will be the result? Please answer.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The emergency pill is effective if used within 72 hours of sex. The pill is progesterone hormone which is in very high dose. So the inner lining of uterus suddenly increase and makes it very unfavorable for the implantation of the embryo. So the baby will not sit in the uterus.

• As it is a single dose, the levels of the hormone suddenly fall, the endometrium will not stand, so will fall off. So she will have her periods 7-10 days after the pill.
  • As the bleeding occurs, the inner lining of the uterus is gone, so no place for any further embryo to sit it becomes thick enough.
  • Best results if the pill is used within 24 hrs of sex. If you did not get periods within the next 10 days, then you will have to meet the doctor.

For further doubts consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

My wife had periods from date 14 to 19 and I had sex on 25th at 2 pm. She had I-pill on 27th. Will she be pregnant? I do not want to make her pregnant. Will her periods come at the same time? What pill should I give to her to prevent pregnancy?

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• Your sexual contact was very close to ovulation (the first day of the cycle is the first day of bleeding and hence you had intercourse on day 12), so there is a risk of pregnancy. But as she has taken i-pill within 72 hours of sex, there is a low chance of pregnancy. As she has had the pill the thickness of endometrium will increase suddenly and will fall off.
  • Hopefully, she will have the bleeding within 7-10 days, so any of these days. You can wait up to a maximum of 14 days.
  • As she has had the pill very close to ovulation, maybe the periods will be on time, that is after 14 days of ovulation. The next periods will be one month after this periods.

|