Q. What could be the reason for variation in home pregnancy test results?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 19, 2016 and last reviewed on: Aug 24, 2020

Before eight weeks, I had a urine pregnancy test through home pregnancy kit and it was positive. But, I never get a positive result after that until yesterday. I am noticing only a faint line. I have also used different kits and the answer is always negative. What could be the reason?

Dr. Ashwini Nanasaheb Talpe

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

• The home pregnancy test can also give rise to false positive results. But, it is 99% correct.
  • Another thing is that, you have to interpret the report in 2 minutes. If you check for result after 15 minutes, sometimes test may come positive. But, that is not correct.
  • Better to confirm the pregnancy with a blood test called serum beta hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin).

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

|