Q. I got conjunctivitis 7 days back. I had red eye with eyelid swelling. Now redness is gone but blurring is present. What do I do?

Dr. Dada Peer K
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 03, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

• I got conjunctivitis 7 days back. I had red eye with eyelid swelling
  • I used Moxifloxacin hydrochloride from the very first day, every 2 hours.
  • Then I started Fluorometholone 4 times a day and Cyclosporine 3 times a day. And now from 2 days I got blurred eye. Redness is gone but blurring is present.

Please help.

#

• I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having conjunctivitis and you are on treatment with moxifloxacin and fluorometholone.
  • The presence of blurring of vision indicates involvement of cornea in the form of keratoconjunctivitis. This usually occurs in severe viral conjunctivitis.
  • The treatment is by the use of antibiotics like Moxifloxacin and steroids like Fluorometholone.
  • Usually Cyclosporine is required for treatment of allergic conjunctivitis and it is not routinely involved in treatment of infective conjunctivitis.
  • Along with Moxifloxacin and Fluorometholone you can use artificial tears eye drops for symptomatic relief.
  • Except for Cyclosporine, you can continue the treatment as advised and you will be fine. No need to worry.
  • Regarding cyclosporine do discuss with your doctor the need for it and its indication.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Revert back to an eyecare ophthalmologist online for further queries --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

|