Q. I got conjunctivitis 7 days back. I had red eye with eyelid swelling. Now redness is gone but blurring is present. What do I do?

Dr. Dada Peer K
Published on Nov 03, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

• I got conjunctivitis 7 days back. I had red eye with eyelid swelling
  • I used Moxifloxacin hydrochloride from the very first day, every 2 hours.
  • Then I started Fluorometholone 4 times a day and Cyclosporine 3 times a day. And now from 2 days I got blurred eye. Redness is gone but blurring is present.

Please help.

Dr. Dada Peer K

Ophthalmology (Eye Care)
#

• I reviewed your history. It seems from the history that you are having conjunctivitis and you are on treatment with moxifloxacin and fluorometholone.
  • The presence of blurring of vision indicates involvement of cornea in the form of keratoconjunctivitis. This usually occurs in severe viral conjunctivitis.
  • The treatment is by the use of antibiotics like Moxifloxacin and steroids like Fluorometholone.
  • Usually Cyclosporine is required for treatment of allergic conjunctivitis and it is not routinely involved in treatment of infective conjunctivitis.
  • Along with Moxifloxacin and Fluorometholone you can use artificial tears eye drops for symptomatic relief.
  • Except for Cyclosporine, you can continue the treatment as advised and you will be fine. No need to worry.
  • Regarding cyclosporine do discuss with your doctor the need for it and its indication.

Hope this is helpful to you.

Revert back to an eyecare ophthalmologist online for further queries --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist

Can vestibular problems and C5-C6 bulge cause headaches?

Query: Hi doctor, I have had persistent, recurrent headaches and shooting head pains due to a concussion from a traumatic brain injury, that I acquired five years back. The doctor has described my headaches as tension-type headaches, I have pain behind the eyes mainly, but it can be on the top of the head...  Read Full »

What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?

Query: Hi, What happens to the dust that enters the eye? Does it go into the eyeballs? Will it affect the eyesight in the future?  Read Full »

Why is my eye blurry only in sunlight?

Query: Hello doctor, My right eye appears blurry but only in sunlight and I see my eyelashes blurring my vision. I can read clearly with both my eyes and can also watch TV and normal activity while indoors. But during day time in bright light, I cannot see clearly with my right eye. I am 43, male. My eyes...  Read Full »