Q. I am having constipation problem and a feeling of incomplete evacuation. How to solve it?

This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 04, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 07, 2021

I have chronic constipation, gas problem, pain in lower abdomen and stress for the last two years. I am 30 years old. I have tried many ayurvedic and homoeopathy medicines but got only permanent relief. I also have piles. I had a sonography last year, and the results were normal.

#

We are here to help you.

• You probably are suffering from chronic constipation associated with acid reflux disease and that requires evaluation for the cause. If no cause is found, we would say that you have idiopathic constipation.

I would advise you the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

• Get a thyroid function test done as hypothyroidism might be the cause of the constipation that you are having.
  • I suggest laxative like Lactulose in the night. Increase fiber in the diet and take fruits like papaya, which are bulk forming.
  • I suggest a combination of Pantoprazole and Levosulpiride once daily. Another thing that you can take is Isabgol husk. You can take three teaspoons full in night time and as it is bulk-forming. It may help you with your constipation.
  • Once you are constipation free, you do not strain during stools, and our piles problem would go away on itself.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Dear Sir, Thanks for your reply. Sir, throughout the day I have the feeling of incomplete evacuation. Most of the time I have taken Isabgol husk. But, when I stop it, again I am getting the problem. How many days should I take Pantoprazole, Levosulpiride and Lactulose?

#

• Instead of taking Isabgol husk, I suggest a powder named Softovac. It contains other ayurvedic content for abdominal relief.
  • Take Lactulose only if you have no relief from Softovac.
  • Take Pantoprazole and Levosulpride daily for at least two weeks and write back to me with the response.

|