Q. I am having constipation problem and a feeling of incomplete evacuation. How to solve it?

I have chronic constipation, gas problem, pain in lower abdomen and stress for the last two years. I am 30 years old. I have tried many ayurvedic and homoeopathy medicines but got only permanent relief. I also have piles. I had a sonography last year, and the results were normal.

#

We are here to help you.

• You probably are suffering from chronic constipation associated with acid reflux disease and that requires evaluation for the cause. If no cause is found, we would say that you have idiopathic constipation.

I would advise you the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take treatment with consent.

• Get a thyroid function test done as hypothyroidism might be the cause of the constipation that you are having.
  • I suggest laxative like Lactulose in the night. Increase fiber in the diet and take fruits like papaya, which are bulk forming.
  • I suggest a combination of Pantoprazole and Levosulpiride once daily. Another thing that you can take is Isabgol husk. You can take three teaspoons full in night time and as it is bulk-forming. It may help you with your constipation.
  • Once you are constipation free, you do not strain during stools, and our piles problem would go away on itself.

For further information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

Dear Sir, Thanks for your reply. Sir, throughout the day I have the feeling of incomplete evacuation. Most of the time I have taken Isabgol husk. But, when I stop it, again I am getting the problem. How many days should I take Pantoprazole, Levosulpiride and Lactulose?

#

• Instead of taking Isabgol husk, I suggest a powder named Softovac. It contains other ayurvedic content for abdominal relief.
  • Take Lactulose only if you have no relief from Softovac.
  • Take Pantoprazole and Levosulpride daily for at least two weeks and write back to me with the response.

| 

Is Pantoprazole allergy something to be concerned about?

Query: Hello doctor, I had indigestion problems last month and I was given a Pan 40 injection in a 24/7 hospital in my locality. The moment I was given the injection, my body developed rashes, redness, and itching. My doctor immediately gave Avil injection after which rashes and redness subsided. Two days...  Read Full »

I have applied more Lignocaine gel than advised on my kid. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My 2-year-old son has hard motions. He has just had his circumcision surgery. My friends advised me to apply Lignocaine Hydrochloride gel between his buttocks. By mistake, I applied more. I am very much worried. I hope it is not harmful. Please advice.  Read Full »

Can I die from a long-standing fecal impaction?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 20 year old male. I have had a fecal impaction for four weeks. My symptoms are, straining while pooping, occasional pain in my rectum, painful bowel movements, right arm tingliness, sore back, and I am not nauseous, but queasy. It does not bother me much, but sometimes it hurts...  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»