Q. I guess my constipation and blocked urination are interlinked. Please help.

Dr. Eriol Braholli
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 28, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 07, 2020

I am a 30 year old male. I generally have constipation problem. Mostly, I use some laxatives or aryuvedic churnas to clear constipation. Whenever I have constipation, I feel my urine is blocked. I drink plenty of water daily. Also, I used to consume lots of water before going to bed. Earlier, I had to rush in the morning to urinate. Nowadays, I feel there is a problem of blocked urination along with constipation. Since last evening, I had lots of water. But, till noon I could not urinate with full pressure. I feel some tension below the bladder area. I also keep hygienic, but my clothes smell like urine. Right now, I could not urinate and it is coming like little drops. Also, my legs are paining. Please suggest something soon.

#

• Chronic constipation is a delicate issue that worsens one's quality of life and is hardly solved definitively.
  • Except the watery diet, it requires bowel enemas time after time and use of laxatives continuously. If you can apply enemas, then do it right now to empty your bowel and thus ease the urination.
  • Enlarged prostate and bladder weakness may have developed in the course of your chronic constipation. If you cannot urinate even after the defecation you may need bladder catheterization and you would better go to your healthcare center.
  • Continue your watery diet, use high fiber foods, fruits and vegetables. Use laxatives daily such as Lactulose, if you feel difficulty with bowel movements. Also, do physical activity every day.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|