Q. Why am I having redness, itchiness and swelling due to cosmetic cream?

Last reviewed at: Dec 19, 2018

I got risings, itch, and redness from a cosmetic cream. Risings went off. Redness and itch are still here. It is the fourth day. And a little swelling like seems like I had botox. Is it normal to still have those? I only apply a cream for the itch. Should I take an antihistamine for the swelling and itch? Itch is manageble.

Cosmetology Dermatology Venereology
#

I have seen your query. With your descriptions, it seems you have developed irritant contact dermatitis to cosmetic cream which you have used. First of all, never use this cream and similar products in future otherwise on subsequent exposure may lead to fulminant reactions. If you feel your symptoms are regressing then nothing needs to be done, but if you are still symptomatic then can go for 1 % Hydrocortisone cream local application once daily for five days after consulting your GP or nearby dermatologist.

Please advise the best treatment for heel pain.

Query: Hi doctor, I have started getting heel pain after exerting in tennis. Please see the photo of the pain area marked in red. Initially, I had continuous pain while walking. It is slightly more on the first few steps after rest or sleep. My physiotherapist suggested it could be a plantar fasciitis and ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have mentioned pain in the area of heel region, which has been marked by you and it looks like plantar fasciitis, which has already been mentioned to you. Just let me know whether there are any other signs and symptoms of inflammation like skin redness, local warmt...  Read Full

What are the treatment options for sudden knee pain?

Query: Hi doctor, This morning I got sudden knee pain. Since then I am having difficulty walking or moving my knee. I did not get my knee hurt. Please suggest some solution.  Read Full >>

Dr. Akshay Kumar Saxena

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing to this platform. You have written sudden onset pain in the knee region since morning with no history of any injury to the knee. Also, I want to actually know whether there are any associated signs or symptoms of any inflammation like skin redness...  Read Full

I have itching and hot feeling in between my thigh and vagina. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a strong itching and hot feeling in the space between my left thigh and vagina. What could be causing this? I am really not able to tell if there is a color change.  Read Full >>

Dr. Megha Tuli Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Intense itching as you describe mostly indicates a fungal infection. It is possible that you might be working in a hot environment or maybe sweating too much there along with wearing tight clothes. That prevents aeration of the area and promotes fungal growth. Try using...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now