Q. How to treat itchy bumps on my vagina?

Answered by Dr. Sonal Prasad and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.


Do you have a question on Itchy Bumps or Vaginal Infection? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »
Image: How to treat itchy bumps on my vagina?

Hello doctor,

I am a 25 year old unmarried female. From last one year, I have been suffering from vaginal infection. A few small bumps have grown inside the skin of the vagina. Sometimes, I feel itching inside it. I am sexually active with my fiance. I have consulted a specialist. She told me due to stress or irritation or infected clothes or might be bacterial growth this kind of infection happen. She prescribed me some medication and gel. But, that lumps are still there. I am worried. I have attached the images of it. Please suggest.

Related Questions:
Is it safe to apply antifungal cream on the tip of penis?
I have warts on my penis. Is it an STD?
Do genital warts appear above the pubic area?

Dr. Sonal Prasad
Childbirth Educator, Lactation Counselor, Obstetrics And Gynaecology


Welcome to icliniq.com.

It appears to be a contact dermatitis superadded on the warts.

Use Panderm cream (combination of Ornidazole, Clobetasol, Terbinafine and Ofloxacin) on the affected area twice a day for 15 days.

Also, put Clingen forte vaginal pessary (combination of Clotrimazole, Tinidazole and Clindamycin) once at night in your vagina before sleeping for seven days. You might have a slight vaginal discharge in the morning and that will be due to the medication.

Also, you and your partner need to take tablet Syscan 150 mg (Fluconazole) once on day 1 of your period for three cycles.

Please do use cotton undergarments and do not use soap to clean your private areas. You can use vaginal wash.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Related Questions & Answers

Suffering from balanitis. Using an anti-fungal cream candid-B. The symptoms start again after I stop using the cream.
Query: Hi, I am suffering from balanitis since last month. I am using an antifungal cream (candid B) to avoid it. Till the time I use antifungal cream all rashes/infection disapper, but once I stop applying the cream all symptoms start again.  Sympoms are: Red skin around head of penis and itchiness aft...  Read Full »
Dr. Meha Malhotra

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Have you ever been diagnosed by a doctor because balanitis has several other causes as well and fungal infection is one of them. Get a fasting and post prandial blood sugar done and please send me a few details: Have you noticed any swellings in your groin area ? Do you ...  Read Full »
May I know the treatment for vaginal infection?
Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »
Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please get yourself checked by a gynecologist internally. Also, get a vaginal swab test done. I suggest you apply the Candid B cream (Clotrimazole and Beclomethasone dipropionate) locally till then. Please consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicin...  Read Full »
Can Terbinaforce plus be used for vaginal infection?
Query: Hello doctor,Can Terbinaforce plus cream be used for a vaginal infection? I have itching after periods. Please guide.  Read Full »
Dr. Ashwini V Swamy

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please do not use Terbinaforce plus cream anywhere on the body. Do not even think of using it on your genitals. Terbinaforce plus cream (Clobetasol Topical, Ofloxacin Topical, Ornidazole Topical and Terbinafine Topical) has a potent steroid in it. They would further...  Read Full »

Ask your health query to a doctor online?
Ask a Doctor Online »
* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours

Most Viewed

Will ejaculating on the hands cause STD?
Hello doctor, I have a question about STD exposure risk. I masturbated another male with my hand, and my palm was moist ...Read more »
Is there always 1 to 2 percent chance of TB recurrence even after completion of medicine?
Hello doctor, I had pulmonary TB and undergone six months of continuous medication as suggested by the doctor. There wa ...Read more »
HIV - Common Questions Answered | AIDS | Stages of HIV | Symptoms | Treatment
Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) is the virus that causes HIV infection and AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome). ...Read more »