Welcome to icliniq.com.
This is a corneal ulcer. The probable cause is trauma due to lenses or infected contact lens solution.
Please do not use the steroid drop. You can have devastating consequences. The steroid drops will give you very mild relief but it will stop healing and promote the growth of the ulcer.
Investigations to be done include cultures of lenses and its solution.
You should refrain from wearing the contacts in future. I suggest you use spectacles only.
I suggest you take the following. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and with their consent take the following medicines.
- Start Moxifloxacin eye drops six times a day.
- Start Tobramycin eye drops four times a day.
- Start Carboxymethylcellulose plus Naphazoline eye drops 10 to 12 times a day.
- Start Homatropine eye drop twice daily. This will cause blurred vision but will give relief.
- Start Gatifloxacin eye ointment at bedtime.
Have this treatment until the ulcer heals completely. Visit an ophthalmologist.
Follow up every week.
For more information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/eye-care-ophthalmologist