Q. Kindly advice the necessary medication according to the coronary angiogram report.

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am 45 years old. I had a coronary angiogram, and the first diagnosis showed proximal mild to moderate disease. LCX is a nondominant vessel, proximal mildly ecstatic, and it gives rise to three branches, only 3 OM has moderate proximal stenosis, OM 3 and OM 1 are normal. Please advice what kind of medicine in need and do you have an idea for a better solution.

Do you have a question on Coronary Angiography or Stenosis?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

MBBS
Cardiology Critical Care Physician General Medicine Internal Medicine

I can well understand you are worried about your cardiac health. I have gone through the details and before getting to the personalized answer, I want you to please spare some time to add more information about,

1. Why did you felt a need for going to the cardiologist recently, what are your symptoms?

2. Before going to your cardiologist this time, what medications were you taking and how often? And what were your previous disease symptoms?

3. What medications are you taking right now?

4. Is there any activity or something that makes the symptoms of disease worst or better?

5. Is there any family history regarding heart?

6. Do you have any other known (or diagnosed) disease?I would also appreciate if you upload the picture of the coronary angiogram or other heart reports in the query. Please add your weight and height.

Please see the attached file, and you will find all the required details, including the history of my sickness and the reason why I was following the case with the hospital. Regarding the previous medication, I was using Covram and Nebblet but after the angiogram. I started to take Concor and Asperin.

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

MBBS

Thanks for your detailed reply with more information about your heart workup. I have reviewed your case thoroughly and would like to reply to your primary questions and concerns. The best option at this point is lifestyle change and medications that have already been prescribed to you. Aspirin and Bisoprolol (Concor) is essential to be taken on time regularly.

They are already doing great with your heart. Please do not take any other medications by yourself as they can have an interaction with your current medications. And can either raise or lower the effect of your vital medications. The best possible solution at this time has already been practiced, and I would recommend consulting your cardiologist right away if there is an unusual change in your heart's behavior (any symptoms of heart attack). Keep a check on your blood pressure, and you would be in the clear.

Lifestyle change includes diet and activity. The vital part is the complete cessation of active as well as passive smoking. It is great to know you do not consume alcohol. Your family history already puts you on risk for blood vessel and heart diseases. You need to be extra cautious in that perspective. There is no need to worry about as everything seems under control. Keep a follow-up with your Cardiologist, and if you need any assistance from me, I would always be a message away from you.

The interpretation of your coronary angiogram, of this the details give us some idea about the condition of the heart vessels. The blood vessels usually run along their entirety in a horizontal pattern when seen on an angiogram. We can see in your case, there is mild ectasia or bulging seen in vessels named like LMCA, LAD. Another finding seen on angiogram was about bridging of the LAD in its middle segment, meaning that this artery is narrowed by passing through the heart muscle fibers (usually the vessel runs above the muscles of the heart so that they are not compressed through heart muscles' contractions). The first diagonal vessel is showing mild to moderate narrowing or disease.Another vessel OM-2 is showing some narrowing too. OM-1 and 3 look normal. Final impression on these findings comes up as narrowing of the heart vessels due to heart vessel disease. Your cardiologists in the hospital have adequately addressed chest pain and other issues, and I am glad you were discharged eventless after the treatment. Heart valves are normal, and there is no big issue going on with the heart chambers. The heart is of normal size and is functioning well with nice blood being pumped out. I hope this assists. Please feel free to ask me for more anytime. I would be more than happy to assist you as soon as possible.

Also Read Answers From: Coronary Angiography Stenosis

What is the treatment for mitral stenosis?
Query: Hello doctor, I am a male and I am 30-years-old male. I have a mitral valve problem, and it is moderate mitral stenosis. What remedy do you advise? If I did the valvoplasty surgery will there be any other problem? If there is a problem, is there a possibility to do the valvoplasty again? I am afraid...  Read Full >>
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are specific criteria for surgery in case of mitral valve stenosis. Surgery does not resolve the problem and you may have to stay on anticoagulation therapy for your entire life. It can help improve your physical performance and avoid pulmonary edema (shortness...  Read Full

What is the treatment for atrial fibrillation?
Query: Hi doctor, I have good health with occasional atrial fibrillation. Last night, I had a flare up of atrial fibrillation and my resting heart rate was 130 beats per minute which happened a few hours ago. My normal resting heart rate is 70 beats per minute. I am taking Magnesium and Potassium.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Atrial fibrillation occurring in this age group needs evaluation like an echocardiogram, cardiac stress test, coronary angiography to rule out coronary artery disease. Next, I guess you do not have any other diseases like diabetes, hypertension, or stroke. If not, then ...  Read Full

I have back pain due to lumbar spinal stenosis. Should I get laminectomy?
Query: Hello doctor, I have had back pain for the last 12 years. I had an l5 s1 disc herniation and later diagnosed with severe lumbar spinal stenosis at l4 l5 as well. My back pain is more critical than the leg pain. However, I have persistent calf and foot spasms and cramping (especially in bed and at n...  Read Full >>
Dr. Atul Prakash

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are quite aware of the condition and have managed to live with the issue, but as you say, you cannot walk not than a mile, but it does not seem to be your main issue. If you required to walk longer, then laminectomy will be the solution, but you need to get relie...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now