Q. Kindly look at my MRI and advice whether I have coronary artery disease.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

I am 50 years old and had a cardiac MRI dark blood, bright cone blood, and delayed enhancement images with contrast gadoterate. My doctor tells me this is a great test to rule out coronary artery disease. Only thing is it want stress MRI. He stated the coronary looked good and would predict a good result in the stress if we did one. Do you agree with this? Everything on the test looked great.

#

Your doctor is right. Stress CMR is highly sensitive and specific for detecting cardiac ischemia. Furthermore, it is the test of choice for cardiac morpho-functional study and tissue characterization.

This test was not stressed though it was the standard cardiac MRI with contrast but not stress. He said it was just as good and predicted a normal stress test because the results were very good.

#

Even if stress is not utilized, the information provided by CMR is sufficient to exclude important cardiac issues there are early cardiac sequences after contrast administration that may give valuable data regarding myocardial perfusion and potential cardiac ischemia. The fact your CMR has resulted in normal is quite assuring for a healthy heart. So relax and do not worry about the issue of potential cardiac ischemia. Let me know in case of any further questions.

|