Q. Kindly look at my MRI and advice whether I have coronary artery disease.

Dr. Ilir Sharka
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am 50 years old and had a cardiac MRI dark blood, bright cone blood, and delayed enhancement images with contrast gadoterate. My doctor tells me this is a great test to rule out coronary artery disease. Only thing is it want stress MRI. He stated the coronary looked good and would predict a good result in the stress if we did one. Do you agree with this? Everything on the test looked great.

Do you have a question on Coronary Artery Disease or Mri?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ilir Sharka

FACULTY OF MEDICINE, UNIVERSITY OF TIRANA., POST-GRADUATION RESIDENCY CARDIOLOGY, DEPARTMENT OF CARDIOLOGY,
Cardiology

Your doctor is right. Stress CMR is highly sensitive and specific for detecting cardiac ischemia. Furthermore, it is the test of choice for cardiac morpho-functional study and tissue characterization.

This test was not stressed though it was the standard cardiac MRI with contrast but not stress. He said it was just as good and predicted a normal stress test because the results were very good.

Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiology

Even if stress is not utilized, the information provided by CMR is sufficient to exclude important cardiac issues there are early cardiac sequences after contrast administration that may give valuable data regarding myocardial perfusion and potential cardiac ischemia. The fact your CMR has resulted in normal is quite assuring for a healthy heart. So relax and do not worry about the issue of potential cardiac ischemia. Let me know in case of any further questions.

Also Read Answers From: Coronary Artery Disease Mri

MRI shows 'intermediate signal intensity lesion in endometrial cavity.' What is it?
Query: Hello doctor,My mother aged 55 years got an MRI with an observation of 'intermediate signal intensity lesion noted in the endometrial cavity measuring 19x28x24, in the fundal body region with loss of endometrial interface. Tethering of sigmoid colon with distal ileal loops to the uterus in fundus re...  Read Full >>
Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With this report, there is a possibility of malignancy. Cancer of the uterus is more likely. Do CA 125 level, CT scan abdomen and pelvis, X-ray, sonography, PET scan and consult a gynecologist near you and also take an opinion from an oncosurgeon. Doctors will do o...  Read Full >>

MRI shows stroke and brain changes. Is it due to untreated sleep apnea?
Query: Hello doctor, The patient underwent extensive routine physical examination including MR/CT imaging and laboratory analysis earlier this month. The MR Brain shows evidence of lacunar stroke and ischemic brain changes. Please advise if these might be connected to untreated obstructive sleep apnea (mor...  Read Full >>
Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I carefully went through your question and the patient's medical history. I reviewed her medical report and the uploaded brain MRI study (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and would explain that those changes are indicative of small vessel disease, whic...  Read Full >>

Trending

Trending

Ask a Doctor Now