Q. My father noticed blood in sputum. Is it cancer?

Answered by Dr. Rakesh Mittal and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Cough With Blood or Renal Failure? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My father is 55 years old. He is a patient having DM, CAD, CABG, HT, CKD and SHT. Now, he has severe cough for more than 15 days and can see blood occasionally while spitting. He is also undergoing dialysis twice in a week. His present hemoglobin is 8.1, creatinine is 4.6 and urea is 81. I am worried whether it is cancer. Please help.